Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Nexus Entry at YVR with Child who also has nexus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2020, 10:28 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AC

We arrived at YVR with our Nexus cards (Canadian Citizens) and proceeded to the new Nexus machines. However, my son who was first there, was unable to use his nexus and when he went to the passport machines, he was also unable to use those. I arrived a few minutes later and was able to use the nexus machines but I then had to accompany my son to an official to make sure he cleared through. I gather you now have to declare as a family under the adult and not an individual (sort of like the old manual card days) but I wonder how they (the machine) knew we were together as we were traveling on different PNRs (same flight though). Anyone has experienced this with the new systems.

Lorna

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.