Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Can I renew my license during my application?

Old Jan 8, 20, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold

I just submitted my Global Entry renewal and realized that I also need to convert my driver's license into an EDL, and would like to do that as soon as possible. Has anyone updated their license while their application was pending approval and still gotten approved?
Old Jan 8, 20, 11:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA, DL, LH, VX, HA
Originally Posted by hkcj View Post
I just submitted my Global Entry renewal and realized that I also need to convert my driver's license into an EDL, and would like to do that as soon as possible. Has anyone updated their license while their application was pending approval and still gotten approved?
Update the number at the interview or after approval
Old Jan 8, 20, 11:40 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Not a problem.

Get a your new driver's license and then provide the updated information during the renewal interview if you are scheduled for one or online after you received final approval if you are not selected to be interviewed.

Take a look at this thread:
Global Entry application - how do I correct/change/update information?
P.S. @drewguy types faster than me.
Old Jan 8, 20, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Great, thanks! I was just afraid that renewing my license would endanger the application somehow. (Since it's still pending.)
Old Jan 9, 20, 8:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA, DL, LH, VX, HA
Originally Posted by hkcj View Post
Great, thanks! I was just afraid that renewing my license would endanger the application somehow. (Since it's still pending.)
Given the time applications are taking now CBP can't possibly expect people to place all other renewals on hold - with licenses typically needing renewal every 4-5 years (plus a lot of extras given Real ID) and GE applications/renewals taking 6 months, probably 10%+ of applicants will need to renew a license while their GE application is pending.
Old Jan 13, 20, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by drewguy View Post
Given the time applications are taking now CBP can't possibly expect people to place all other renewals on hold - with licenses typically needing renewal every 4-5 years (plus a lot of extras given Real ID) and GE applications/renewals taking 6 months, probably 10%+ of applicants will need to renew a license while their GE application is pending.
Luckily enough my renewal only took a few days before being conditionally approved. On the downside I do need another interview. (I wonder how they decide?)
drewguy likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: