Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - left a question blank that's not required

Old Jan 3, 20, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, Virgin, Marriott

I completed my Global Entry application today (I am a UK citizen) but slightly worried I have screwed up as I left the "Have you ever been arrested" question blank instead of writing "No". I thought it was strange that it had a textbox there instead of a YES/NO and given it didn't have a red asterisk * I left it blank.

Am I overthinking this or could that fact I have left it blank lead to questions? Just to clarify, I have never been arrested!

Old Jan 3, 20, 9:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I think that you have vastly complicated something very simple.

Presumably your UK criminal history will show up as :"clean" and CBP will check US records. But, the blank leaves open the question of whether there is some third country where you have a record.

Presuming that you otherwise make it to the conditional approval stage, at your interview, you should expect to be asked and should be prepared to provide an unequivocal "no"
Old Jan 8, 20, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Platinum & Ambassador
You only put anything in the box if the answer to the arrest question is 'yes'.

If you havn't been arrested etc then leave the box blank.

I left that box blank (as I have never been arrested etc) and it caused no issue not even being raised by the CBP officer at my interview. I certainly would not expect to be asked about it.

During my interview I was only asked to confirm that everything on my application was true (it was) and if I needed to add or change any info (I didn't). They don't go through every question on the form with you trying to catch you out.
Old Jan 8, 20, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, Virgin, Marriott
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear View Post
You only put anything in the box if the answer to the arrest question is 'yes'.

If you havn't been arrested etc then leave the box blank.

I left that box blank (as I have never been arrested etc) and it caused no issue not even being raised by the CBP officer at my interview. I certainly would not expect to be asked about it.

During my interview I was only asked to confirm that everything on my application was true (it was) and if I needed to add or change any info (I didn't). They don't go through every question on the form with you trying to catch you out.
Thanks for the reassurance.
Old Jan 9, 20, 10:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA, DL, LH, VX, HA
Agree it's oddly formatted. Unless your answer should be yes, I wouldn't worry about leaving it blank vs. typing "no". The purpose for the box is to alert people who have had charges expunged to disclose those - as the long thread on how to deal with charges that were expunged, deleted, pardoned, etc. shows is an issue for a number of applicants.
Old Jan 10, 20, 5:31 pm

Programs: None?
Left it blank. They didn't even mention it in the interview and I was approved before I left the room. CA took about a day so it didn't effect that either.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: