Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Applying for TSA precheck (GE not approved)

Old Dec 30, 19, 4:08 am
Original Poster

Hi all.

I came to the US in 2003 on F1. After graduation, I did not leave the country and had accrued 26 months of overstay. I then got married to a USC and adjusted my status. Received Green card in 2016. I applied for GE as my job requires frequent travel to Canada. During the interview the CBP officer asked about the overstay and denied my application. She did say that once I get citizenship I could try again.

Fast forward to now, I recently got my citizenship and received my US passport. Iíve since changed jobs and do not require international travel. But Iíve to frequently travel within the US and precheck would be helpful. Since I was denied for GE, am I eligible to apply for the precheck? Even though I had an immigration violation?
Old Dec 30, 19, 7:36 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
There are reports in the Global Entry Denial Recourse thread and elsewhere in the Trusted Travelers forum by individuals whose PreCheck applications were approved after they were denied Global Entry.
Old Dec 31, 19, 12:51 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum
My cousin was denied GE and had no problem receiving Precheck.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: