Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Global Entry Renewal [2013-2018]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Global Entry Renewal [2013-2018]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2014, 10:04 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Any idea if there is a limit to how early you can renew NEXUS? Mine expires in 1.5 years, but I am thinking about renewing early if I can, because I live very close to an interview location now, but may not in the future.

I know an interview isn't always required for renewal, but my circumstances make me think I'll need one.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 4:11 pm

Programs: NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
Any idea if there is a limit to how early you can renew NEXUS? Mine expires in 1.5 years, but I am thinking about renewing early if I can, because I live very close to an interview location now, but may not in the future.

I know an interview isn't always required for renewal, but my circumstances make me think I'll need one.
CBP and CBSA recommend applying for renewal 3 months before expiration. When you see the "renewal" button at the top of the page when you click the "Approved" link in GOES, then you can apply for renewal.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 8:23 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
I found on the GOES website that you can renew when you have 1 year or less until your expiration. So I have to wait awhile. I was going to post a link, but now I can't find this info! However, I'm certain that is what was stated.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 9:27 am

mine expires April 2015. I started my renewal process this past April and mine still says Pending Approval. let me know when your status changes if you can. it'll give me a better idea of how long mine may take.
thanks
Old Jul 30, 2014, 9:55 am

Programs: AA EXP (and 3mm), SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Virtuoso, FSPP
Mine took a month to go from pending to approved earlier this year - April 2 to May 2.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 10:02 am

hi I applied for my nexus renewal April 3 and just got conditionally approved July 30 interview set for August 22
Old Aug 4, 2014, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry8700c: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.4.2; HTC6525LVW Build/KOT49H) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/37.0.2062.55 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Renewal: completed app on Friday. Approved conditionally this morning. Interview already scheduled for end of this month.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
My renewal was in January or February and I was called for the interview. I thought it was stupid, he just sort of reviewed my application for renewal and I was done - probably 5 minutes. The person expressed then that they'd been swamped and had actually opened satellite offices (I did mine in downtown Chicago).

Mrs. Milepig's just came up. Did the online application a couple days ago and her approval already came through. No interview.

Maybe they've come to reason and have set the filter to approve more without the interview.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I signed up for Global Entry in 2009 and am coming up on my 5 year anniversary.

Also signed up for NEXUS, though that was in 2011.

When I visit the GOES portal, I don't see any option for renewal. Somebody at CBP said I need to go in and submit a new application (vs. renewing), but I have no options to do that.

My renewal date shows as my birthday in 2016, but that would be over six years of GE membership before it had to be renewed..

I've tried calling the GOES support #, but it disconnected after telling me there is a 30 minute wait time.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 12:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies

When I visit the GOES portal, I don't see any option for renewal. Somebody at CBP said I need to go in and submit a new application (vs. renewing), but I have no options to do that.

My renewal date shows as my birthday in 2016, but that would be over six years of GE membership before it had to be renewed..

I've tried calling the GOES support #, but it disconnected after telling me there is a 30 minute wait time.
I suspect you got an extension on your expiration date based on NEXUS.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 9:20 pm

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies

Your NEXUS membership has replaced and subsumed your Global Entry membership; you'll renew in 2016.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 2:37 pm

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
GE renewal

Renewal application: Nov 10th
Pending approval: Nov 10th
Renewal Approval: Nov 12th

No interview for renewal.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 6:58 am

Can any one offer me some advice, as I do not fly through ATL very often.

I have a connection in ATL, arriving at 2:45pm (from MKE) and departing at 3:45pm (to SAN).

I have a Global Entry appointment at 3pm. I already have GE and this is just a renewal interview.

Is this too tight, or might I make it?

On both flights, I am in F, so easy-off, easy-on.

Thanks
Old Nov 13, 2014, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by S_D_P

I have a connection in ATL, arriving at 2:45pm (from MKE) and departing at 3:45pm (to SAN).

I have a Global Entry appointment at 3pm. I already have GE and this is just a renewal interview.

Thanks
Assuming both flights are ontime and GE interview is in the same terminal (preferably airside), I think you night be alright, but definitely tight though
Old Nov 17, 2014, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by S_D_P

Thanks
Interview office is landside at International Terminal (F). I would not try an interview with a one hour connection. I would doubt you would make it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.