Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Global Entry Renewal [2013-2018]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Global Entry Renewal [2013-2018]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2018, 12:07 pm

Programs: UA-GS; WN A-list;Hyatt - CC; Hertz - PC
Ok I think I realized my mistake. Below is what I found when I logged in. I did not recognize the years. Looks like I am approved and the Renewal is now all set without an interview. I assume they will just mail me the new card sometime around November?
ApprovedProgram: Global Entry
Includes: TSA PreCheckMembership Number/PASSID: XXXXXXXXXXExpiration Date: November 13, 2023You cannot renew your membership until November 12, 2022.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 12:24 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by DENflyer3
Ok I think I realized my mistake. Below is what I found when I logged in. I did not recognize the years. Looks like I am approved and the Renewal is now all set without an interview. I assume they will just mail me the new card sometime around November?
ApprovedProgram: Global Entry
Includes: TSA PreCheckMembership Number/PASSID: XXXXXXXXXXExpiration Date: November 13, 2023You cannot renew your membership until November 12, 2022.
If I were you, I would mark calendar to renew on 14 Nov 2022, not 12 Nov 2022.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 1:58 pm
Suspended

Applied on 8/7. Submitted complaint on 8/27. Still pending.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 8:10 am

Renewal of GE
Applied for mine July 6th 2018 approval Aug 2.
Did the enrolment on arrival at seatac right there where the global entry kiosks are.
They automatically got rid of my appointment in Anchorage when I passed the interview in Seattle.
We laughed about my flub up by getting Swaziland in my list of places and not Switzerland. He made the adjustment. Took maybe 15 minutes for the whole interview.
Got my new card in the mail about two weeks.
Logged in to tt.cbp.ghs.gov and activated it. on the back there is a security code that you can recognize by the initials sc and then a number.

My wifes application on july 26th came through with an interview August 23. Was able to get her an interview that day in Anchorage.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:29 pm

4 weeks and 6 days later, I am conditionally approved. If I wanted to pay tolls, pay more for parking, and drive an extra 15 miles/30 minutes, I could get an appointment for the interview at the airport tomorrow. However, I'm picking a closer location to get an appointment just over 3 weeks away. There seem to be a lot more available interview slots (and a few more interview locations) than when I first applied 5 years ago.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA Dirt; HH Diamond; National Emerald; CONTROL SecretAgent Platinum; KAOS EvilFlyer Gold
5-weeks for my renewal.

Applied Aug 6 (just before expiration date of Aug 15)
Approved Sept 8, no interview needed.

Traveled domestically in US in late August, and received pre-check for those flights. So looks like Pre-check does continue to be in effect, as part of the 6-month extension of GE privileges if you apply before expiration.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 8:13 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Of those here who have seen a sub-36-hour conditional approval for their initial application for Global Entry membership have any of you had a renewal approved that has taken place within less than 3-5 days from the renewal application date? [It looks like most of these renewal applications take a few weeks to get approved, conditionally or otherwise.]
Old Sep 9, 2018, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Of those here who have seen a sub-36-hour conditional approval for their initial application for Global Entry membership have any of you had a renewal approved that has taken place within less than 3-5 days from the renewal application date? [It looks like most of these renewal applications take a few weeks to get approved, conditionally or otherwise.]
Mrs. Majuki renewed one year out from expiration a few months back, and her renewal approval (no interview needed) came within a few days. I don't remember the exact timeline of her initial application, but I remember it being rather quick.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 10:25 am

Applied: Aug. 28, 2018
Approved: Sept. 10, 2018 (no interview required)

Was slightly surprised I got approved without an interview as I had been to a few countries that require a visa for entry (seemed to be a theme reported by earlier posters...)

I assume the new card will come in the mail soon but the website didn't specifically say.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: UA 1K MM; Bonvoy Titanium; most other FF programs...
Hi All...

I am up for my Global Entry renewal, and when I go to the TTP website and login in no "renewal button" appears next to my Global Entry account. So how do I renew if it doesn't give me the option online?
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by FoxFlyer
Hi All...

I am up for my Global Entry renewal, and when I go to the TTP website and login in no "renewal button" appears next to my Global Entry account. So how do I renew if it doesn't give me the option online?
Are you renewing too early? T-364?
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Are you renewing too early? T-364?
Nope - it expires in 87 days (actually got a reminder on the kiosk flying into SFO yesterday from Europe).
Old Sep 11, 2018, 11:10 am

Nope - it expires in 87 days (actually got a reminder on the kiosk flying into SFO yesterday from Europe).
Do you also have NEXUS which is also valid? If negative, then you should call your local Global Entry office for further assistance.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 11:14 am

Yes, I do have a NEXUS app pending (awaiting interview). Is that preventing me from seeing the Global Entry renewal? (If so, if I cancel NEXUS app, while the renewal button re-appear for Global Entry - which is more important to me?)
Old Sep 11, 2018, 11:24 am

Yes, I do have a NEXUS app pending (awaiting interview). Is that preventing me from seeing the Global Entry renewal? (If so, if I cancel NEXUS app, while the renewal button re-appear for Global Entry - which is more important to me?)
That makes more sense now. If you already have your NEXUS conditional approval waiting for an interview, I would continue with that process and disregard your Global Entry renewal. Once you receive NEXUS final approval and activated your NEXUS card, your Global Entry card will be dis-activated.

Only you can decide if NEXUS is more important than Global Entry or vice versa. Personally I prefer NEXUS. You have 87 days to decide and schedule an interview at a NEXUS enrollment center.

There is a mobile NEXUS enrollment session in Los Angeles, California from September 18th to 20th 2018.

NEXUS Mobile Enrollment Coming to LA

Last edited by 1KChinito; Sep 11, 2018 at 11:29 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.