Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Global Entry Renewal [2013-2018]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Global Entry Renewal [2013-2018]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2013, 1:07 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
If you have an AMEX PLATINUM card they will pay the GE ($100) enrollment fee, but NOT Nexus (even though it is less expensive).
Will Amex pay the $100 GE renewal fee?
Old Jul 26, 2013, 10:54 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by nrr
Will Amex pay the $100 GE renewal fee?
Yes - just did this a few weeks ago and the credit showed up in the account the next day.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 2:04 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by AceAirspeed
Yes - just did this a few weeks ago and the credit showed up in the account the next day.
I wonder whether AMEX will credit the renewal fee for those who already used the credit for an initial application. We will have to wait until 2016 for the answer.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 9:07 am

8 Weeks and Counting

Anyone else wait this long? I have been in pending review status for 8 weeks?!?
Old Aug 1, 2013, 11:22 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by flyerflyerpantsonfire
I would call.

https://goes-app.cbp.dhs.gov/common/goes_support.html
Old Aug 3, 2013, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by flyerflyerpantsonfire

Anything unusual in your renewal application? Travel to "unfriendly" countries reported? Many new jobs and/or addresses listed? Any inconsistencies at all?
Old Aug 10, 2013, 3:49 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles
I didn't get any reminder notice. I flew back from Paris on my birthday this year and my GE got rejected at O'Hare because it expired that very day.
I went through the interview process and I'm good now although I suspect my Nexus needs renewal too.
A tip to get a quicker interview. I looked in the Chicago area where we had at least two interview locations, Loop and O'Hare - but it was months before the next available slots. I checked Milwaukee and got one the next week. I took Amtrak up to the airport where the CBP office was. It's behind the airport but only about a 10 minute walk.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by AceAirspeed
So I submitted my Global Entry renewal application, and I got a letter that I have been conditionally approved and need to schedule an interview. I thought that was unusual. Looking in GOES, in the Applications in Progress section, it shows a Application Type: Initial Enrollment.

Are others who renewed showing as Initial Enrollment or as Renewal?

I have an email into support to see if there was a problem with the renewal. Normally no problem doing another interview, but first opportunity at the DEN location is in October.
Bumping this up, I am scheduled for my renewal interview later this month which is listed as an "Initial Enrollment" interview in GOES. I managed to find a slot in BOS which is now booking into December!

Any experiences on this renewal interview?
Old Aug 15, 2013, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Originally Posted by Lurker1999
Bumping this up, I am scheduled for my renewal interview later this month which is listed as an "Initial Enrollment" interview in GOES. I managed to find a slot in BOS which is now booking into December!

Any experiences on this renewal interview?
I, like many here on the board, did not have one. I was automatically extended.

Did it automatically tell you you must interview?
Old Aug 15, 2013, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingHoustonian
I, like many here on the board, did not have one. I was automatically extended.

Did it automatically tell you you must interview?
Yes. I got only a conditional approval letter for some odd reason.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 3:58 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
So are folks renewing Nexus and GE paying $150 for both renewals? Mine arent separated, just says trusted travel program, assuming when renewing, I'll be paying the $150?
Old Aug 20, 2013, 8:25 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by chanp
So are folks renewing Nexus and GE paying $150 for both renewals? Mine arent separated, just says trusted travel program, assuming when renewing, I'll be paying the $150?
I suspect you will be charged $50. Regardless of the order in which you applied for the two programs, you are now a NEXUS member, and NEXUS costs $50 for five years.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 5:43 pm

I had my renewal interview today and received final approval within the hour per GOES. They retook my photo and fingerprints at the interview and that's about it beyond going through my application and making sure everything was complete.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Got my renewal notice about a month ago, expiring in March 2014.
Updated the renewal application 2 days ago and got a notice back today saying I will be required to have another interview.
In the past 5 years I've moved to a new state along with new DL#, and been to 15 countries (although none I would consider "unfriendly"). I forgot to put one of them on my application (U.K.), and another was not on the pull-down menu (Curacao), so I don't know if this triggered anything?
Also was divorced and remarried in this time -- although there were no questions about spouses.

I'm wondering how many people had to go in for another interview and what the reason was?
Old Oct 29, 2013, 11:50 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by chavala
Got my renewal notice about a month ago, expiring in March 2014.
Updated the renewal application 2 days ago and got a notice back today saying I will be required to have another interview.
In the past 5 years I've moved to a new state along with new DL#, and been to 15 countries (although none I would consider "unfriendly"). I forgot to put one of them on my application (U.K.), and another was not on the pull-down menu (Curacao), so I don't know if this triggered anything?
Also was divorced and remarried in this time -- although there were no questions about spouses.

I'm wondering how many people had to go in for another interview and what the reason was?
I really didn't have any changes of address, DL number, etc. and also got the interview (and noted as "Initial Enrollment") which is a PITA because I haven't found much availability for appointments in the next few months.

I wonder if the reason for the interview is that I was initially a Nexus user who got grandfathered into the Global Entry program after it started. I had a Nexus interview, but never had a Global Entry interview. Since my renewal was Global Entry could that have triggered a need for an interview? Anyone else in that boat?

I did attempt to email to ask about it but got no response.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.