Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

How to maintain SENTRI as well as Global Entry?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2019, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan

Hi, I have a SENTRI card that I use at the Ready Lanes when returning to the US across a land border. I recently had my Global Entry Interview and was told that my SENTRI benefits will be a subset of my Global Entry benefits.
As someone who is not a US citizen, US Legal Permanent Resident nor a Canadian/Mexican national, I am not eligible for a Global Entry Card.
Is there a way for me to maintain a SENTRI membership along with my Global Entry membership so that I continue to have a card that I can use at the Ready Lanes?
Old Nov 14, 2019, 5:50 pm

Programs: MARRIOTT TITANIUM / HILTON GOLD / UA SILVER / AMEX PLAT
Your Global Entry functions similarly to a SENTRI card. I have had no issues getting from Mexico to the US. I am somewhat confused as to how or why you applied for GE?

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...bal-entry/card
Old Nov 15, 2019, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
I have SENTRI membership so that I can use the Ready Lanes at land borders. I applied for Global Entry membership because I wanted to be able to use the kiosks at airport border control.
With my SENTRI membership, I get a card that I can use at the Ready Lanes at the land borders.
Since I am not a US citizen, US Legal Permanent Resident nor a Canadian/Mexican national, I can get Global Entry membership but not a Global Entry card.
Without a card, I wonder how to use the Ready Lanes at land borders.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 9:59 pm

Programs: Amex, JPMR, Nexus
Doesn't SENTRI include GE benefits already? In this case why apply for it. You can use your existing passport to use GE at U.S./Canadian airports.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 9:10 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by greglvnv
Doesn't SENTRI include GE benefits already? In this case why apply for it. You can use your existing passport to use GE at U.S./Canadian airports.
Assuming OP meets the citizen requirements (one of the countries that's on the list) of GE then OP would have access to those benefits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.