Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

circle with an x on your boarding pass (with tsa Pre)?

Old Oct 16, 19, 11:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Po boy club

My relative flew to Asia the other day and his boarding pass had an x with a circle in black sharpie. he couldn't use tsa Pre even though his ticket had Tse Pre on it. I'm not sure who put the mark on his boarding pass and I have yet to speak to him directly about what actually happened (English isn't his first Lang so he may have also misunderstood what they said) but I was curious if anyone knows. I thought it might be a variant of ssss but I don't see any threads that confirm. He also has *A status as well.
Old Oct 17, 19, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bizum View Post
My relative flew to Asia the other day and his boarding pass had an x with a circle in black sharpie. he couldn't use tsa Pre even though his ticket had Tse Pre on it. I'm not sure who put the mark on his boarding pass and I have yet to speak to him directly about what actually happened (English isn't his first Lang so he may have also misunderstood what they said) but I was curious if anyone knows. I thought it might be a variant of ssss but I don't see any threads that confirm. He also has *A status as well.
Have you seen the BP? Is it possible the X he's describing is actuall a check mark? If Pre lane is closed, most airports will mark the BP so that they dont have to take shoes off/can use WTMD at regular lane. (It basically is the officer alerting the regular lane that the person has Pre) It would appear to a person that they were being denied use of Precheck lane even though it was really closed.

Only time I've seen an actual X despite having Pre was when person checked in without ID. As this was international travel, that's not possible.
Old Oct 18, 19, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Po boy club
heres a pic

Search this Thread