Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2013, 1:03 pm

Programs: Delta - Platinum / Marriott - Platinum Premier / Starwood - Platinum Preferred
Originally Posted by jrockcolo
Wall Street Journal reported yesterday that 60,000 applications were received for GE in May, and that the average was 15,000 per month at the end of 2012. That might explain a longer wait time as of late.
I was wondering if they were backlogged. When I decided to sign up, I read an blog saying that the person's turn around was within a few days. After waiting a few weeks, I was thinking there was a big difference in the amount of applications. 60K for one month is very high and I'm surprised. Do you have a link to the article? Thanks.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by airj1012
I was wondering if they were backlogged. When I decided to sign up, I read an blog saying that the person's turn around was within a few days. After waiting a few weeks, I was thinking there was a big difference in the amount of applications. 60K for one month is very high and I'm surprised. Do you have a link to the article? Thanks.
Don't know if this is the mentioned article or not

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...566205480.html
Old Jun 19, 2013, 2:35 pm

Programs: Delta - Platinum / Marriott - Platinum Premier / Starwood - Platinum Preferred
Well, this NSA stuff is spooky. I just got my acceptance just after I made that comment.

Applied - 5/27 or 5/28
Conditionally Approved - 6/19
Interview - 8/12

Unfortunately do to lack of availability in my town, Atlanta and my upcoming travel schedule, I couldn't set up an appointment until August. However I'm not going on any international trips for a little while and I can perform my interview prior to flying out on Monday morning.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 2:47 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
I applied 5/30, still pending. But am a green card holder and I'm thinking, if anything, that should make the process faster as I've gone thru checks gazillion times. I practically have no privacy before the US government. They should give everyone who gets a PRC GE as a gift
Old Jun 19, 2013, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA lifetime Gold , DL Gold, Hilton Diamond
My wife and I just got our Global Entry cards in the mail, today one week after our interviews at JFK, I could not believe in this day and age of high technology, our pictures are in black and white.

Mr. Elliott
Old Jun 19, 2013, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Applied 5/27, conditionally approved 6/19. Interview scheduled for tomorrow, 6/20.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 9:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
So my final summary:

Applied 5/23 (late at night, pacific time)
Conditional Approval:6/15
Interview: 6/19 @ Otay Mesa.
Final Approval - ~ 40 minutes afterwards.

I walked into the SENTRI office, and was immediately surprised - I swear it was a clone of my secretary of state office back in my hometown.

My interview was at 730, showed up around 725, ended out the door around 750. Wasn't the fastest process, but was pretty painless. For the stickers - there was a huge roll of them, and as soon as I got one put on my passport I knew i was good to go.

Q though - I was asked how much I make. I haven't seen that come up here before. Was anyone else asked this?
Old Jun 20, 2013, 3:18 pm

My husband and I both applied 5/30. Still pending approval. Must have larger backlog due to travel season. Will post back when we get a status change.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA - Silver
Originally Posted by BThumme
Don't know if this is the mentioned article or not

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...566205480.html
It was, thanks for picking that up.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 2:02 pm

Does anyone know if you can attend an interview overseas in a US embassy or international airport for instance? I applied a while ago (Not long enough ago it seems) and fly out of the USA for a month tomorrow. I've checked everyday about 10 times and its still pending. I really needed it because when I return I don't want to spend 2 hrs in a line in Dallas while my dog is sitting in a hot cage after his long flight from Australia. I've searched their website, I did see a list of places during the application but I can no longer view that.

Also as someone else mentioned being a Green card holder they should automatically give me one! They couldn't possibly ask me anymore questions or subject me to any other security clearances. Ive done it all already
Old Jun 21, 2013, 3:06 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Originally Posted by Werace
Does anyone know if you can attend an interview overseas in a US embassy or international airport for instance? I applied a while ago (Not long enough ago it seems) and fly out of the USA for a month tomorrow. I've checked everyday about 10 times and its still pending. I really needed it because when I return I don't want to spend 2 hrs in a line in Dallas while my dog is sitting in a hot cage after his long flight from Australia. I've searched their website, I did see a list of places during the application but I can no longer view that.

Also as someone else mentioned being a Green card holder they should automatically give me one! They couldn't possibly ask me anymore questions or subject me to any other security clearances. Ive done it all already
maybe a blood sample. wait, they asked for that too!

jokes aside, you can only do the interviews at the designated CBP enrollment centers (http://www.globalentry.gov/enrollmentcenters.html). US embassies are run by the state dept, so no luck there.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by Werace
I've checked everyday about 10 times and its still pending.
I was doing this too until I learned that you basically find out first via email. Sure enough, I got my email at around 12:30 in the afternoon. So if you are going to check anything, check your email. It took about four weeks for me to get my approval. I submitted on May 21st.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 5:50 pm

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
I just had my interview this morning and was approved on the spot. I got an email before I could even walk back out to the parking garage and checked online and GOES had my letter of approval and everything.

However, I'm seeing everyone in these threads talking about getting a sticker on their passports. There were definitely no stickers given (to me or anyone else I can think of that was there). Should I be concerned?
Old Jun 21, 2013, 6:52 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by brocklee9000
However, I'm seeing everyone in these threads talking about getting a sticker on their passports. There were definitely no stickers given (to me or anyone else I can think of that was there). Should I be concerned?
Stickers no longer issued or needed per GE website. A couple of locations are still giving them out but that's purely until their stock runs out.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 6:54 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by brocklee9000
The stickers have been removed from the program. Enrollment centers have been depleting their existing stocks of stickers, as they will not be resupplied. Your enrollment center must have already run out of stickers. You have no reason to be concerned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.