Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Old Jun 7, 13, 11:49 pm

I just got my conditional approval, and I've booked an interview in early August at LAX. As far as I know, that's the only interview center near me, but it seems a bit of a wait (esp. since I accidentally clicked Las Vegas and saw that they had interviews for next week). Does anyone know if walk-ins or new slots appearing are a possibility? It's not terrible if I have to wait until August, but I'd like to get it done quickly if possible.
Old Jun 8, 13, 9:38 am

Programs: BA
Update: called SFO office this morning and they re-confirmed verbally that I am approved but said again that they had a backlog of approvals to process following system issues last week and that I should expect approval showing online by Tuesday...

:s
Old Jun 10, 13, 11:16 am

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by bcarmicle View Post
I just got my conditional approval, and I've booked an interview in early August at LAX. As far as I know, that's the only interview center near me, but it seems a bit of a wait (esp. since I accidentally clicked Las Vegas and saw that they had interviews for next week). Does anyone know if walk-ins or new slots appearing are a possibility? It's not terrible if I have to wait until August, but I'd like to get it done quickly if possible.
As noted up-thread, keep checking daily. As people cancel, interview slots will open up. I did mine at LAX and got it moved up 2 months by checking every day.
Old Jun 10, 13, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by More Champagne Sir? View Post
Update: called SFO office this morning and they re-confirmed verbally that I am approved but said again that they had a backlog of approvals to process following system issues last week and that I should expect approval showing online by Tuesday...

:s
Still nothing... Very disconcerting to hear that others have been immediately approved in the mean time. Makes me wonder if something has gone wrong with my application .
Old Jun 11, 13, 12:33 pm

Still nothing... Very disconcerting to hear that others have been immediately approved in the mean time. Makes me wonder if something has gone wrong with my application .
Called SFO GE office just now and spoke to a far more helpful officer than the one I spoke to on Saturday morning. Turns out there was a minor 'check' outstanding on my application. She put me on hold for five minutes, came back and said Team Leader had approved it now and I was good to go. Two minutes later, GOES email arrived and indeed I am now showing online as approved! ^^

So in summary:
UK citizen with a code.
Applied: 15 May
Conditional approval email: 4 June
Appointment booked: 6 June at SFO
Approval: 11 June
Old Jun 12, 13, 9:26 am

Programs: UA Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Called SFO GE office just now and spoke to a far more helpful officer than the one I spoke to on Saturday morning. Turns out there was a minor 'check' outstanding on my application. She put me on hold for five minutes, came back and said Team Leader had approved it now and I was good to go. Two minutes later, GOES email arrived and indeed I am now showing online as approved! ^^

So in summary:
UK citizen with a code.
Applied: 15 May
Conditional approval email: 4 June
Appointment booked: 6 June at SFO
Approval: 11 June
^

I'm going on three weeks tomorrow. American, moved twice. Lots of prior employment, however it was all summer jobs work as I was an undergrad student until last december. Hopefully I can follow the trend and "Speed up the process" so to say by posting this.
Old Jun 12, 13, 11:30 am

Programs: UA 2P, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, National EE, Avis PC
Applied today - should be smooth. We'll see how long it takes! ^
Old Jun 12, 13, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA lifetime Gold , DL Gold, Hilton Diamond
My wife and I had our interviews yesterday at JFK, because we live in Southwestern Connecticut, JFK is at least an hours drive from our home with no traffic, so we left our house almost 2 hours before our scheduled times just in case traffic backed up, my interview was scheduled first and my wife’s right after mine.

Surprisingly traffic was not that bad and it took only 10 more minutes then with no traffic so we were at JFK almost an hour before my scheduled interview time.

When we went into the office we were directed to the waiting room and there we watched the video, almost as soon as we sat down the only other people waiting, another couple were called in, there were 3 agents conducting interviews. Within 15 minutes we were both called into the same office for our interviews and the CBP agent handled both of us at the same time. He was very pleasant to work with, after verifying our passports and asking some minor questions, he took our photos and fingerprints and told us we were approved while we were sitting there and should be getting an e-mail confirming our approval in about 10 minutes and we should expect our cards in about 10 days.

By the time we walked out to our car in the parking lot my approval e-mail was there and my wife’s showed up a few minutes later. Everything went so fast that we were back in our car at the time my interview was first scheduled to start.

Total time from our house and back was just under 3 hours, absolutely fantastic considering we had to drive 55 miles on some of the most congested highways in the New York Area so the travel gods were definitely looking out for us today.

I would highly recommend anyone in the New York Area, even on business to use the JFK office for their interviews, When we first made our appointments there were some openings the next day and there were plenty of times available later in the week so you can easily plan around your schedule for the following week for interview times

All in all, a very pleasant experience with CBP.

Mr. Elliott
Old Jun 13, 13, 9:56 pm

Had my interview and now I can wait in fewer lines! Thanks to DeaconFlyer for posting about the new DC office as I was able to get an appointment within 24 hours of my approval e-mail. I got to my interview 15 minutes and it took all of 7 minutes to get everything completed. Pretty easy if you ask me!

Here are the dates for application:
Applied: May 21st
Conditional Approval: June 12th
Interview: June 13th
Old Jun 14, 13, 10:28 am

Programs: AS MVP
Application submitted May 20.

Conditional approval rec'd June 10 (three weeks).

Interview at SEA June 13, final approval email took about three/four hours.

I had a minor law infraction dating back to 1980 that I disclosed. SEA had lots of openings and they were overall pretty friendly. The officer told me that there were backups in the fingerprint checking process/queue (indicated it was a time of day thing - early afternoon west coast) and that's why I had to wait for final approval.

Happy dance!
Old Jun 14, 13, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
I applied May 23rd (albeit late at night, pacific time).

Should be getting that conditional approval email today or tomorrow!

Did you guys get an email and then check, or did you just keep checking the webstie? Because I probably check the site once an hour.
Old Jun 14, 13, 1:48 pm

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Applied June 7th with promo code, expecting another 2 weeks to go, i'll repost here when through. Now im pondering where to have the interview if it all goes ok. If long waits at miami, tampa or orlando, im thinking the whole of the US works for me. I could turn this into a GE tier point run. Could be fun at immigration in MIA. Why are you flying to hawaii Sir? uumm for a 10 minute GE interview?
Old Jun 14, 13, 1:58 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svcs, AA ExecPlat, WN RR, AZ Freccia Alata+, Hilton gold, SPG/Marriot Gold, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by BThumme View Post

Did you guys get an email and then check, or did you just keep checking the webstie? Because I probably check the site once an hour.

Data point-my cousin did his 5yr renewal on May 24 and hasn't received anything as of this morning.
Old Jun 14, 13, 3:25 pm

I applied May 21st and still haven't heard. I'm glad I'm not the only one to constantly check the website.
Old Jun 14, 13, 4:44 pm

I kept checking the website once I knew it should arrive any day, but I found out first that I got accepted from the e-mail that they sent which came at like 10 am.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: