Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Old May 30, 13, 4:15 pm

Programs: *G, AA, UA 1 Million
Originally Posted by andyh64000 View Post
Interviewed today at SEA and approved. Based on what I have read about others having difficulty interviewing at other locations, I would highly recommend SEA.

I showed up 30 mins early and was taken right away by a very friendly agent and was finished in less than 10 mins.
Same experience in Denver last week, arrived 75 minutes early and was taken in for the "interview". Card arrived in the mail 3 days later.
Old May 30, 13, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA Plat, AA 1MM, HHonors DIA
Applied 5/11
Conditional Approval 5/30

Walked-in at BWI for interview 5/30 at about 4:30pm and waited 5-10 minutes before a 5 minute interview. I was home by 5:00 but I'm still waiting for my final approval message.

Edited to note that my approval message arrived ~9pm.

Last edited by adamki; May 31, 13 at 7:07 am
Old May 31, 13, 10:21 am

Programs: AA EXP / HH Diamond
It is nice to read about the somewhat uniform experiences everyone is having with the approval process of this program. Considering how low the bar has been set by other organizations; perhaps it is not that big of an achievement, but still... Seems like one the appointment is scheduled, everyone reports a similar pleasant experience, quick result; and delivery of the GE card within a week.

If only the DMV could be so efficient...
Old Jun 1, 13, 5:16 pm

Application 5/10/13 conditional approve 5/24, interview 06/01- approved at Boston
Old Jun 4, 13, 10:38 am

Programs: BA
UK citizen with a code.

Applied: 15 May
Conditional approval email: 4 June
Appointment booked: 6 June at SFO (really pleased to get an appt so quickly!).

Will advise if approved...

Last edited by More Champagne Sir?; Jun 5, 13 at 11:09 am
Old Jun 5, 13, 10:25 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott, Starwood, Hilton Honors, Air Canada Club Privaleges
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer View Post
I think it will take sometimes to approve your application as they will dig into all your previous residence history in 5 different countries.
I am now sitting at 4 months in the "Initial Enrollement" Period. I called the Canadian Border patrol, they said I am all clear on the Canadian side, but that the US side is still reviewing my case.

I think I might be setting a record for longest application here. I called GOES today, they told me my case was under review and I have to wait. Nothing else.

I guess that is what I get for having the name 'Mohammed' twice in my full name
Old Jun 5, 13, 11:08 am

wrong thread, sorry
Old Jun 5, 13, 3:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Gold
For Washington DC area folks, there is a new enrollment center at 13th and Penn that is starting to take appointments this Friday. They are basically wide open at this point, and much more convenient than BWI or IAD for many in the area.
Old Jun 5, 13, 9:18 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold; also AA, DL, and US
Originally Posted by DeaconFlyer View Post
For Washington DC area folks, there is a new enrollment center at 13th and Penn that is starting to take appointments this Friday. They are basically wide open at this point, and much more convenient than BWI or IAD for many in the area.
How funny -- I just received my conditional approval email this week and signed up for an appointment there, not realizing the center was just opening up. Had I known, I could have had an "inaugural day" appointment on Friday, as there were still slots open. As it is, I will be going on Monday instead; will report back if there is anything noteworthy. I'm very happy not to have to make a special trip to IAD for this.

Two facts I noticed while scheduling may already be of help to others: (1) the enrollment center is in the Reagan building at 1300 Pennsylvania Avenue, which is both near a metro station AND has a public parking garage underneath; and (2) at least for next week, there were appointments available into the evening as late as 6:45 pm.
Old Jun 6, 13, 12:20 pm

Initial Application - 5/17
Conditional Approval - 6/6
Appointment Scheduled - 6/10

Thanks for the post DeaconFlyer. I was just about to schedule a BWI appointment when I read your post.
Old Jun 6, 13, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by More Champagne Sir? View Post
UK citizen with a code.

Applied: 15 May
Conditional approval email: 4 June
Appointment booked: 6 June at SFO (really pleased to get an appt so quickly!).

Will advise if approved...
Had my appointment today at SFO. Got there about 40 minutes early, and they called me after waiting 20 minutes (so 20 mins early). Lots of confusion at first as none of the agents knew that UK citizens couple apply if they had a code, but a supervisor was called and all was sorted. All three agents I ended up interacting with were very friendly and apologetic they didn't know about this unusual application type.

Asked some questions about my long visited country list. Extra questions around Israel and Oman. Couple of Q's about Canada and Mexico. Fingerprints and picture taken. Demo machine not working(!) so no demo given.

Verbal approval provided, but advised confirmation email won't likely come until tomorrow as they're having some system issues today...
Old Jun 7, 13, 12:51 pm

Programs: All
Originally Posted by DeaconFlyer View Post
Good to know, my wife and I live in Alexandria and went to BWI last Saturday and have been approved. Just waiting for the cards, hopefully sometime this week.
Old Jun 7, 13, 3:07 pm

Verbal approval provided, but advised confirmation email won't likely come until tomorrow as they're having some system issues today...
Still waiting and starting to get slightly concerned. I know it's 'only' been about 22 hours but from looking back in the thread, it looks like most people were approved almost instantaneously with their emails received whilst sat at the interview...
Old Jun 7, 13, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTP, Hertz President's Club
Still waiting and starting to get slightly concerned. I know it's 'only' been about 22 hours but from looking back in the thread, it looks like most people were approved almost instantaneously with their emails received whilst sat at the interview...
Earlier ITT people mentioned that if you were waiting such a time that most likely CBP did not approve your application properly. Try calling the office where you interviewed back with your PASSID # (can see on the goes-app website when you login) and mention that you were told you were approved...
Old Jun 7, 13, 8:25 pm

I actually had a similar experience. I was approved at LAX, and it took them about a day for them to send me the approval email.

I suppose you could wait a day or two to see if it comes through?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: