Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2013, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by CO777ER
I received my conditional approval on Wednesday. It took three weeks.
Sorry to have to tell you this, but scheduling an interview may take even longer depending what city you try to schedule it.
Old May 19, 2013, 9:09 am

Programs: AA lifetime Gold , DL Gold, Hilton Diamond
My wife and I both applied on 5/2 and we both received our approvals on 5/17 so it is running about 2 weeks for approval.

We scheduled our interviews at JFK, which is wide open for interviews, I even saw some single openings on the schedule just a few days after we got our approvals, there were plenty of dates and times available a week out from our approval so we scheduled our interviews that best fits our schedule,

Mr. Elliott
Old May 19, 2013, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA:PLT&3MM, HGP:DIA, SPG:GOLD
Originally Posted by bp888
Applied on 5/5. Still pending review.
Woohoo! Got my conditional approval today, 5/19. Took exactly 14 days. I tried to schedule the interview at my home airport of SFO. Unfortunately first available is 7/6. Fortunately, I have a 4-hour layover at SEA this coming Tuesday so grabbed the second to the last slot at 6:45PM.
Old May 19, 2013, 2:28 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Me and the wife both got our approval today.

We will be in Houston over Memorial Day weekend and grabbed the same slot. Lots of availability in Houston.
Old May 19, 2013, 5:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Applied: 5/2
Conditional Approval: 5/19
Interview at EWR: 5/21

EWR has several available slots this week for those who are having scheduling issues at other airports.
Old May 19, 2013, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, UR
Originally Posted by FT-hss
Getting anxious. Applied (Self +3) on 4/28.. still showing "Pending Review". Will be travelling mid-June. Guess will have to go without it
Of-course... a day after I posted this, got conditional approval emails for all 4 of us. No appts were left in May as of that day but June was wide open. Scheduled in first week. Appointments are every 15 minutes and one person gets one slot. Reserved all of us within the hour.
Old May 22, 2013, 4:16 pm

Applied: 5/7
Conditional Approval: ??
Still pending review. Getting anxious now..
Old May 23, 2013, 8:19 am

Programs: AA:PLT&3MM, HGP:DIA, SPG:GOLD
Originally Posted by bp888
Woohoo! Got my conditional approval today, 5/19. Took exactly 14 days. I tried to schedule the interview at my home airport of SFO. Unfortunately first available is 7/6. Fortunately, I have a 4-hour layover at SEA this coming Tuesday so grabbed the second to the last slot at 6:45PM.
Went for my interview at SEA. Took longer than expected from reading other people's experiences because I had a chatty CBP agent. No complaints. Got my approval and can't wait to use Pre-Check and Global Entry kiosks. Good luck to all you guys who are waiting!
Old May 23, 2013, 8:26 am

Location: Usually LAX or SFO but sometimes MIA in the winter or LCY or PVK in the summer and every now and then SIN or SGN
Programs: in ASM, APL & C++ but never Java
My toddler just got conditional approved - can't wait to se how that interview goes!
Old May 23, 2013, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA - 1MM, DL Diamond, AS MVP75, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Got my conditional approval on Tuesday...so just over 2 weeks. My appointment is on the 29th.
Old May 23, 2013, 1:55 pm

Programs: NWA GE -- PRIORITY CLUB PE
Global Entry - Processing Time - REPORT

Just thought some might find helpful the timing I experienced while applying for Global Entry.

5/5/13 Completed Initial Application Online
5/19/13 Received email of conditional approval.

Was able to schedule appointment for 5/21 with Milwaukee processing center. But since I was driving by, I stopped at Milwaukee Processing center without appointment on 5/20, waited 10 minutes and was fully processed.

I had my final approval email before I left the parking lot.

Total time from application to done.
5/5 - 5/20

Just food for thought!

Happy Travels!
Old May 23, 2013, 4:45 pm

Applied: 5/2
Approved for interview: 5/18
Interview: 5/22
Complete: 5/22

Interview was originally scheduled for 5/25 at DFW but they canceled my interview the next day. There were two spots open in PHX at that time. I took one. MY fingers prints didn't show up at first they told me to wait two days and it should be active. I got a final approval email later in the afternoon. I am not good to go.They said 2 weeks for the card but they usually arrive in 4 days.
Old May 23, 2013, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by TempeDuck
I am not good to go.They said 2 weeks for the card but they usually arrive in 4 days.
Typo or are you really not good to go?

You can use GE as soon as you're approved. Card is irrelevant to international air arrivals.
Old May 23, 2013, 8:54 pm

Hmm. Applied 4/15 to NEXUS, still Pending Review. Same address for 5 years, same job for 2, no extensive international travel, never arrested, etc. Am I missing something? Seems like everyone else is getting far more timely responses for interviews.
Old May 24, 2013, 8:00 am

Programs: AA ExP, HHonors Gold
Just wondering, can these approvals go out anytime during government business hours, or do they all go out at the same time each day?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.