Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:29 pm

I was in the same status as you ..... existing GE appling for card.

Was "pending" for about 5 days then "conditional approval" and "approval" same day. Took another 5 days to get the card in the mail. Then did the activate process on the internet.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by madison8
I was in the same status as you ..... existing GE appling for card.

Was "pending" for about 5 days then "conditional approval" and "approval" same day. Took another 5 days to get the card in the mail. Then did the activate process on the internet.
+1. This was my experience as well.

Dave
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
OK, I got the card in the mail last week,
also about 10 days after paying the $15.

This is wonderful,
but I now realize I have no idea how this
is supposed to change my "TSA Experience".

...details on how a "trusted traveller" is handled are thin...
Old Aug 12, 2011, 12:52 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver
Applied Tuesday 8/9, conditional approval today, Friday 8/12. 3 days. Very quick. I must be boring and super low risk.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 7:34 pm

Programs: None anymore
Hoping the magic continues to work..
App'd 11-jul-2011 still showing pending.
I guess my app will take a little longer since I travel to places with squiggly lines as writing
Old Aug 15, 2011, 3:17 am

Programs: BA Executive club
UK approvals

Hi,

I am trying to fight my way through the application as a UK citizen. There is an additional line for us "information requested by the UK government". This is a code issued by the UK civil service, and it looks as if it's on an invitation only basis for us Brits. So...... anyone got any idea which bit of the UK civil service is dealing with this. I'd like to approach them and request inclusion!

Any help gratefully received.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by njames879
Hi,

I am trying to fight my way through the application as a UK citizen. There is an additional line for us "information requested by the UK government". This is a code issued by the UK civil service, and it looks as if it's on an invitation only basis for us Brits. So...... anyone got any idea which bit of the UK civil service is dealing with this. I'd like to approach them and request inclusion!

Any help gratefully received.
Are you a permanent resident of the US? If not, then I don't think you can apply (except if you work for the UK gov't or some really special exceptions).

Global Entry is open to U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, Dutch citizens, and Mexican nationals. Canadian citizens and residents may enjoy Global Entry benefits through membership in the NEXUS program.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 12:13 pm

Programs: DL Platinum & MM, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Wow - applied yesterday and almost 24 hours later to the minute I received conidtional approval. I certainly wasn't expecting this based on other's experiences and my travel patterns. In fact, I was planning on about a 3 week turn around to coordinate with a September trip to NYC. It will be tight, but I think I'll be able to work an interview in during another NYC trip next week.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 12:16 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
its been a month for me and still nothing.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 9:40 am

Programs: None anymore
Originally Posted by BTA
same here. I'm hoping this post may jinx it and cause it to update.

I applied for both Nexus and GE, could that be a delaying factor?
Might be...
App'd 11-Jul-2011 for GE/Nexus/Sentri, basically all the free ones.
Rec'd NEXUS approval on 15-AUG-2011, still nothing on GE/Sentri.
I'm chalking it to travel and work in squally line named countries.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Submitted on Monday Evening. Got conditional approval on Wednesday just before lunch!

Now I just need to check if my wife got hers so we can make the trek to LAX together for the interviews.

Edit:
Yep, she got approved as well. Makes me wonder how thorough their check is if it was done for both of us in 1.5 days... Annoying that LAX isn't open on weekends, but interestingly, it is open on Labor Day. Weekends no, federal holiday yes. Weird, but it means I don't have to take off of work

Last edited by jasonvr; Aug 18, 2011 at 10:41 am
Old Aug 18, 2011, 9:24 am

My husband and I both applied 8/1. He got approved 8/8 while I am still waiting (we have very similar travel history-in fact, he has traveled a bit more than me). To complicate things, we move out of the country on 9/1 not to return until late December. If I am not approved before then, will I have to re-apply if I am conditionally approved after we move and cannot make an appointment until December? If so, do you think they will they refund me?

Any advice would be helpful! Thanks!
Old Aug 18, 2011, 9:33 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by luckitraveler13
My husband and I both applied 8/1. He got approved 8/8 while I am still waiting (we have very similar travel history-in fact, he has traveled a bit more than me). To complicate things, we move out of the country on 9/1 not to return until late December. If I am not approved before then, will I have to re-apply if I am conditionally approved after we move and cannot make an appointment until December? If so, do you think they will they refund me?
I assume you have internet access at your foreign destination. If that is the case just schedule the interview for December. The rules say you must schedule an interview within 30 days of approval, but that interview can be made for a date far in the future.

BTW they never give out refunds, regardless of circumstances.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Applied on Tuesday evening, and got conditional approval late last night. I set up my interview for tomorrow morning, 9:30, at EWR.
  1. How long does the interview normally take?
  2. What do I need to take with me to the interview? So far, I plan on bringing the notification letter, passport, license, and possibly bank statement or credit card statement.
  3. How long from the interview until I receive my card and can use Global Entry kiosks, or does that happen instantaneously?

Thanks!
Old Aug 18, 2011, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by joshwex90
Applied on Tuesday evening, and got conditional approval late last night. I set up my interview for tomorrow morning, 9:30, at EWR.
  1. How long does the interview normally take?
  2. What do I need to take with me to the interview? So far, I plan on bringing the notification letter, passport, license, and possibly bank statement or credit card statement.
  3. How long from the interview until I receive my card and can use Global Entry kiosks, or does that happen instantaneously?

Thanks!
I did mine @ EWR as well (Term B). You walk up to the area and the CBP person will wand you down (for security). They also ask for your passport and check that you are on the list.

#1. Interview usually takes around 15 minutes (brief video followed by questions).
#2. I forgot my notification letter but only needed my drivers license and passport. I also brought my bank statement as well but didn't need it. Better to be safe than sorry though.
#3. You can use GE kiosks right after you are approved (which is usually a few minutes after your interview). For your card, it takes a few days but it's pretty fast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.