Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry with an EAD card?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2019, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red

Can one register for Global Entry with an EAD card that serves as i-512 reentry. (The pink card you get while green card is pending, will it suffice?) My country isn't one of the eligible ones on the list but any country can register once they have the green card itself.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 1:19 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, NEXUS
I think you have to use your green card. The EAD doesn't establish US permanent residency.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 1:00 pm

I don't think you can use GE with Advance Parole (AP).
Old Aug 14, 2019, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nayef
I think you have to use your green card. The EAD doesn't establish US permanent residency.
I understand that it doesn’t establish permanent residency, but the pink EAD card can be used as a travel document to enter the US (commonly referred to as a Combo card) if has the remark "Serves as i-512 advanced parole". I guess that's not eligible if not meeting the citizenship requirements.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 7:18 pm

I said that to mean that you need to be a permanent resident to be eligible for GE, and having an EAD isn't permanent residence, so it wouldn't help you qualify.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nayef
I said that to mean that you need to be a permanent resident to be eligible for GE, and having an EAD isn't permanent residence, so it wouldn't help you qualify.
Thank you!

Now in the unlikely case that my country is added would it then qualify as it seems that most if not all visas qualify for GE?
Old Aug 14, 2019, 8:21 pm

If your country is added then yes, you're eligible to apply. Visa-status has nothing to do with eligibility as far as I know, but then again most people who use GE (who aren't American citizens or residents) are tourists. There was another thread where people talked about having GE while on students visas, but I can't recall which one. Either way, whenever you get your green card, you ought to be eligible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.