Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Applying for GE or NEXUS with US citizenship after asylum

Old Aug 10, 19, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Location: Primarily NOVA (anywhere between IAD DCA DEN DMM BAH)
Programs: United MileagePlus, NEXUS

I'm trying to get some information for a friend who's planning to apply in a few weeks. He's getting his US citizenship soon and I remember you have to show proof of other nationalities.

I can't remember what you can choose as proof of other nationalities, though, aside from a passport or a birth certificate. Does anyone remember the options the application offers on that front?
Old Aug 10, 19, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

I don't know where to turn to for this, but I'm hoping someone can weigh in or they might know similar cases to the following:

My friend is getting US citizenship soon and he immigrated through asylum. Should he include his original citizenship in the application or not? Asylum doesn't mean he's been stripped of his original citizenship (he's no one famous and he isn't active or talks to the media). Is the safest bet for him or exclude his original citizenship or include it since he's technically still a citizen of his original country?
Old Aug 10, 19, 3:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Star Alliance Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold,Club Accor Conci
Originally Posted by Nayef View Post
I'm trying to get some information for a friend who's planning to apply in a few weeks. He's getting his US citizenship soon and I remember you have to show proof of other nationalities.

I can't remember what you can choose as proof of other nationalities, though, aside from a passport or a birth certificate. Does anyone remember the options the application offers on that front?
You don't need to prove it. You just need to declare it on the app. If you happen to also have a valid passport from another nationality, then you should bring that to the interview as well.
Old Aug 10, 19, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by reclusive46 View Post
You don't need to prove it. You just need to declare it on the app. If you happen to also have a valid passport from another nationality, then you should bring that to the interview as well.
Whenever you choose a citizenship on the application, it shows the following:

So it does, in fact, ask for proof of your other citizenship.

Search this Thread