Global Entry & TSA Pre experiences

Old Jun 18, 19, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Global Entry & TSA Pre experiences

Apologies if there's any duplication of this thread. I'm interested in other people's experiences of Global Entry and TSApre.

I got my GE/TSApre a few years ago. Since then the numbers with GE/TSApre clearly have risen, and recently the 'experience' has been less than good.

Entry into the US - generally good, although last time coming into BWI 3 out of the 6 GE machines were broken, with a substantial queue.
Today, at BWI, the C-pier TSApre was not open (as seems to be the case most of the time), so I trotted around to the A/B-pier. TSAre queue was the length of the terminal and took nearly 30 minutes to get through (and yes, all the pax had TSApre) - and certainly no where near the "92% with TSApre waited less than 5 minutes" they quote on their website.

It seems like most things, nice idea to begin with, but lack of investment to match the growth in numbers significantly erodes any benefits.
Old Jun 18, 19, 8:47 am

Programs: AS MVPG; Hertz Pres; Tanquery Million Minier
I can certainly believe that it happens, but I haven't experienced anything like that recently. The longest TSA Pre queue I can recall was in SEA and it took maybe 5-7 minutes. Could you tell how long was the non-Pre line was at BWI?
Old Jun 18, 19, 8:48 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Moderator's Note

You may wish to take a look at the following threads:

Trusted Travelers
How does Global Entry work at your airport?
Is Global Entry worthwhile?
Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Does anyone have PreCheck? Is it worth it?
TSA PreCheck members fume as their lines get longer
Why PreCheck has failed to keep its promise
Please keep in mind that The Trusted Travelers forum is informational. Members come here in search of data points and practical advice about applying for and using the various Trusted Travelers programs. Please limit your postings in this thread to seeking and providing practical information, and sharing your Global Entry and PreCheck experiences.

Commentaries, opinions, and rants belong in the Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate forum.

Thank you for understanding,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator

Search this Thread