Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Booking International Flight [New to NEXUS]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2019, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates,NEXUS

I'm a US citizen who just recently got my first NEXUS card and I'm contemplating my first flight (international) since getting it. I believe I read or heard somewhere that when booking an international flight one must insert the details of any "trusted traveler" approval you might have in order to benefit from expedited TSA clearance on departure and expedited Customs/Immigration clearance on return.

Am I correct to believe this and,if so,can someone tell me how to do it? I just found a great airfare that expires tomorrow according to the airline's website.

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps me here!
Old May 28, 2019, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Listerone
I'm a US citizen who just recently got my first NEXUS card and I'm contemplating my first flight (international) since getting it. I believe I read or heard somewhere that when booking an international flight one must insert the details of any "trusted traveler" approval you might have in order to benefit from expedited TSA clearance on departure and expedited Customs/Immigration clearance on return.

Am I correct to believe this and,if so,can someone tell me how to do it? I just found a great airfare that expires tomorrow according to the airline's website.

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps me here!
Yes, to get the PreCheck benefit from NEXUS you need to enter the PassID number from the back of your NEXUS card in your airline passenger profile. Since NEXUS is connected to your passport to use the Global Entry kiosk upon your return your don’t need to do anything other than obviously having your passport with you. Having or not having your PassID number in your airline profile will have no impact on using the GE kiosk. In essence they are two separate programs.
Old May 28, 2019, 3:32 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
If your trip originates or connects in the US and you want to receive the PreCheck designation on your boarding passes, you will need to add your KTN or PassID to your reservation(s). It's probably a good idea to add it to your frequent flier profiles.

Please refer to the following thread:
GUWonder likes this.
Old May 31, 2019, 4:31 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Nexus
The process for adding your KTN to your reservation is dependent on the airline you fly. Every airline's website is different. In general, if you have a frequent flyer account with that airline, you can add it to your account details. That will carry over to any reservation you make with the airline. You can also add it when you make the reservation. It will ask you at some point during the process.

Do make sure you use the same exact name on tickets / FF accounts / passport. / Nexus . If these differ, you might not get Precheck.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 9:47 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
The GE/NEXUS benefits themselves are regardless of whether the KTN/PASS ID is inserted in the reservation. That step is just for Pre Check, which I'm assuming you'd want.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates,NEXUS
Many thanks to those who replied.However,I remain confused here. I did,in fact,just book a flight on Emirates and found no place while booking to place the PassID number or a place to enter it on my passenger profile. It's surely possible that I've overlooked it on my profile but if,by chance,I haven't is it good enough just to have the card with me when I look for the special expedited lane for TSA screening ?

Originally Posted by TWA884
If your trip originates or connects in the US and you want to receive the PreCheck designation on your boarding passes, you will need to add your KTN or PassID to your reservation(s). It's probably a good idea to add it to your frequent flier profiles.

Please refer to the following thread:
Old Jun 23, 2019, 3:41 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Listerone
Many thanks to those who replied.However,I remain confused here. I did,in fact,just book a flight on Emirates and found no place while booking to place the PassID number or a place to enter it on my passenger profile. It's surely possible that I've overlooked it on my profile but if,by chance,I haven't is it good enough just to have the card with me when I look for the special expedited lane for TSA screening ?
The card itself will not provide you access to the PreCheck lanes in the US. The PreCheck designation must appear on the boarding pass.

PreCheck is available only when flying on participating airlines. Emirates does participate. I'm not sure what the issue is, perhaps you should check or ask in the Emirates | Skywards forum. Apparently, they only offer the option to add the PassID number during the check-in process. Here is the thread dealing with your specific issue:
For additional information on participating airlines, please refer to the following thread:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.