Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry with Dual Irish & UK Nationality, with an 02 visa!

Old May 27, 19, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

I travel for work to the US often. I have had both 01 and 02 visas, currently have a valid 02. This visa is in my Irish passport, as all my visas for years have been. I have never had a US visa in my UK passport. Though it is registered for an ESTA.

Ive applied for Global Entry on my UK passport. As its not eligible to Irish passport holders.

So my question is - can I enter the US on my Irish passport/visa and still use global entry/pre-check?
Can I enter on my UK passport, and show them my visa in my Irish passport as an aside perhaps? The same way they accept visas in expired passports?

I have an appointment scheduled at LAX in August so I can ask then, but I was wondering if anyone had any experiences of this.

Thank you.
Old May 27, 19, 3:23 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
The passport containing the visa is the one which must be used to enter the US.

Take a look at this thread:
GE for Dual UK / Irish Citizen with L1B Visa
You probably will receive the PreCheck designation on your boarding passes if you enter your KTN (known travelers number) in your frequent flier profile(s) regardless of which passport you used to enter the US.
Old May 28, 19, 1:15 am
Original Poster

Thank you. I thought it was a long shot...

Search this Thread