Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Denied GE, can I still apply for TSA precheck?

Old May 4, 19, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Never told me any reason of GE denial. Didn't release any information after FOIA request either. LPR for 13 years

Potential problems:
1. Once my inlaw put some mooncakes in my bag before boarding and was caught at custom 10 years ago.
2. Decied entry at Canadian border in 2006 due to incomplete document. I was visiting my wife studying in US. Was told I must have F-2 paperwork although I had visited US many times as a Canadian citizen. Granted entry after school provided F-2 documents and we filed petition and became LPR without any issue later.

Other than those episodes. I have never even had a speeding ticket.
Old May 4, 19, 1:22 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
There are reports in the Global Entry Denial Recourse thread of members being approved for standalone PreCheck after their Global Entry applications were denied.

Here is an example:
Originally Posted by RandomBaritone View Post
There's one big exception to this: if part of the reason you wanted GE was for PreCheck, by all means apply to that immediately. I and all others I'm aware of who were denied GE for no stated reason were swiftly approved for PreCheck. It makes sense if you think about it: PreCheck is concerned only with identifying the infinitesimal number of people who might pose an inflight security risk, while GE is trying to exclude all potential customs scofflaws.
Old May 4, 19, 1:38 pm

P.S. Take a look the the TSA PreCheck Eligibility and Disqualifying Offenses web pages. Customs and visa status violations are not listed as disqualifying factors.
Old May 4, 19, 1:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by freedom2020 View Post
Never told me any reason of GE denial. Didn't release any information after FOIA request either. LPR for 13 years

Potential problems:
1. Once my inlaw put some mooncakes in my bag before boarding and was caught at custom 10 years ago.
2. Decied entry at Canadian border in 2006 due to incomplete document. I was visiting my wife studying in US. Was told I must have F-2 paperwork although I had visited US many times as a Canadian citizen. Granted entry after school provided F-2 documents and we filed petition and became LPR without any issue later.

Other than those episodes. I have never even had a speeding ticket.
It's possible to receive PreCheck and/or PreCheck membership status even after being rejected for, or expelled from, GE membership.

Apply for PreCheck membership.

Last edited by TWA884; May 4, 19 at 3:12 pm Reason: Opinion/commentary not practical travel security/safety advice/information
Old May 5, 19, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Thank you. Do you think I have a chance to appeal for GE?
Old May 5, 19, 3:15 pm

Exclamation Moderator's Note

Originally Posted by freedom2020 View Post
Thank you. Do you think I have a chance to appeal for GE?
We have a thread discussing appeals of Global Entry denials:
Global Entry Denial Recourse
For indexing and future search purposes, please discuss that subject there.

Thank you,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator

Search this Thread