Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

New Nexus appication while passeport revewal

Old Apr 21, 19, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Hello,

Here is the situation. My dauther's passport (canadian) needs to be renewed by october, I was wondering if we can do the nexus application right now and reniew the passport while we are waiting for nexus since it takes a long while, or should we wait until we receive the new passport do apply for nexus?

we are leaving in august and will need our canadian passport at least, if the nexus card is not processed, by then,

What would you do?

Thanks
Old Apr 21, 19, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Why not renewing the passport now and applying for NEXUS later?
Old Apr 21, 19, 2:24 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by yipikyer View Post
Hello,

Here is the situation. My dauther's passport (canadian) needs to be renewed by october, I was wondering if we can do the nexus application right now and reniew the passport while we are waiting for nexus since it takes a long while, or should we wait until we receive the new passport do apply for nexus?

we are leaving in august and will need our canadian passport at least, if the nexus card is not processed, by then,

What would you do?

Thanks
Apply both simultaneously. When your daughter goes in for her NEXUS interview, inform officer to update her new passport information.
TWA884 likes this.
Old Apr 21, 19, 2:25 pm

Programs: DL PM
Every TTP member has documents that expire and require renewal all the time. This is completely normal. Apply for Nexus. Renew the passport. It should not matter in which order you do these things. If the Nexus application is done using the current passport, and then a new passport is received by the time Nexus application review is complete, just bring the new passport to the interview.
TWA884 and Often1 like this.

Search this Thread