Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry at SFO with connecting flight

Old Mar 29, 19, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

I have a connecting flight through SFO, and I set up my appointment for the same time. I was wondering logistically how it would work:

1) I'm going to be flying into SFO and landing in Terminal 3 via domestic UA.
2) I'll be connecting on through Intl Terminal at the G Gates.
3) I have a 6 hr layover.

What I want to do is exit security, do my interview, then go back through security.

Q #1 ) Best way to get from Terminal 3 post-security to Intl terminal baggage claim? Is it Term 3 -> connector to Intl terminal -> exit to baggage claim? If so, do I get caught up with the people that need to do customs/immigration? I've never exited an intl terminal from a domestic flight before.
-Otherwise, should I go Term 3 -> exit to Term 3 baggage claim -> walk outside(?) to Intl terminal baggage claim?

Thanks for the help everyone

Last edited by alsaire; Mar 29, 19 at 2:28 pm
Old Mar 29, 19, 9:25 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by alsaire View Post
I have a connecting flight through SFO, and I set up my appointment for the same time. I was wondering logistically how it would work:

1) I'm going to be flying into SFO and landing in Terminal 3 via domestic UA.
2) I'll be connecting on through Intl Terminal at the G Gates.
3) I have a 6 hr layover.

What I want to do is exit security, do my interview, then go back through security.

Q #1 ) Best way to get from Terminal 3 post-security to Intl terminal baggage claim? Is it Term 3 -> connector to Intl terminal -> exit to baggage claim? If so, do I get caught up with the people that need to do customs/immigration? I've never exited an intl terminal from a domestic flight before.
-Otherwise, should I go Term 3 -> exit to Term 3 baggage claim -> walk outside(?) to Intl terminal baggage claim?

Thanks for the help everyone
1. Take air side connector between terminal 3 and international terminal for G gates
2. Take escalator up to departure level, your only choice
3. There is an exit to terminal on your far left of security check point
4. Take escalator down to arrival level
5. Global Entry office is near escalator

OR

1. Terminal 3, exit to departure level, usually next to security check point
2. Walk towards international terminal G gates
3. Take escalator down to arrival level
4. Global Entry office is near Currency Exchange https://www.google.com/search?q=glob...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Customs/immigration area is not accessible unless you arrive from a foreign country, non pre-clearance airports.

Search this Thread