FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trusted Travelers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers-732/)
-   -   Global Entry Application Expiration (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers/1959205-global-entry-application-expiration.html)

michaelr Mar 3, 2019 8:04 pm

Global Entry Application Expiration

<redacted by moderator> I have never been approved for GE status. This question is about my APPLICATION expiring before I can take the INITIAL interview.

My GE application will expire before I am able to do the interview on June 11. I return from Europe on June 19, however, and could do the interview in ORD at the time of entry. I have read that I must start a new application once my old one has expired. Is there any way to start this process today? I don't believe that if I re-apply on June 12, that my application will be conditionally approved by June 19th. I don't live anywhere near an airport with a interview location, so waiting for a return flight & doing the interview at a POE is pretty much my only option.

rubesl Mar 4, 2019 9:41 am

I believe that you can keep changing your interview date (pushing it out) and that will extend your application.

MSPeconomist Mar 4, 2019 9:46 am

I think it's the pre-approval that expires rather than the application, in which case you would need to apply again.

After your application is pre-approved, you have a limited amount of time in which to schedule an interview, but then you can always re-schedule the interview to one farther in the future, rinse and repeat to get a reasonable extension to some interview time and place that are convenient for you.

TWA884 Mar 4, 2019 11:03 am

Originally Posted by rubesl (Post 30846314)
I believe that you can keep changing your interview date (pushing it out) and that will extend your application.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 30846339)
After your application is pre-approved, you have a limited amount of time in which to schedule an interview, but then you can always re-schedule the interview to one farther in the future, rinse and repeat to get a reasonable extension to some interview time and place that are convenient for you.

The enrollment interview must be completed within 365 days of the conditional approval; if it isn't, the application is cancelled. (source)

drewguy Mar 4, 2019 11:16 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 30846339)
I think it's the pre-approval that expires rather than the application, in which case you would need to apply again.

Right - and it's just that you have to schedule the interview within 30 days, but the interview can be scheduled, say, 90 days out.

Perhaps OP can clarify what's expiring - I thought GE applications were valid for 1 year, and it seems a bit surprising that OP hasn't managed in 9 months to schedule an interview.

TWA884 Mar 4, 2019 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by drewguy (Post 30846733)
Right - and it's just that you have to schedule the interview within 30 days, but the interview can be scheduled, say, 90 days out.

That information is out of date.

Currently, the only restriction is that the enrollment interview must be completed within 365 days of the conditional approval.

michaelr Mar 4, 2019 2:17 pm

Let me clarify. I live in Omaha, NE and therefore have no easy access to an interview location. My intention was to do the interview when I return from Europe at the port of entry. However, due to circumstances, I have not been out of the country since I applied 9 months ago. My application will expire on June 11th without me being able to do the interview. I currently have a flight on June 19th and I will enter through ORD. This is what I am afraid will happen.

1. My application expires on June 11th.
2. I will reapply on June 12th
3. The application will sit for a couple of months until I am conditionally approved and I won't be able to do the interview on June 19th.

Ideally, I'd like to withdraw my application today and apply again. I don't believe this is possible, however.

mnbp Mar 4, 2019 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by michaelr (Post 30847552)
Let me clarify. I live in Omaha, NE and therefore have no easy access to an interview location. My intention was to do the interview when I return from Europe at the port of entry. However, due to circumstances, I have not been out of the country since I applied 9 months ago. My application will expire on June 11th without me being able to do the interview. I currently have a flight on June 19th and I will enter through ORD. This is what I am afraid will happen.

1. My application expires on June 11th.
2. I will reapply on June 12th
3. The application will sit for a couple of months until I am conditionally approved and I won't be able to do the interview on June 19th.

Ideally, I'd like to withdraw my application today and apply again. I don't believe this is possible, however.

Obviously CBP has the ability to cancel your current application. You might try reaching out to CBP for assistance:

From https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov/ and the link Need Help? at the bottom of the page.

Get Help On-line
Send us an email through our support portal at https://help.cbp.gov/app/ask. To ensure a faster response, please be sure to select "Trusted Traveler Programs" as your primary topic and then the subtopic that most closely describes your question.