Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Cannot update passport / driver license in TTP website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2019, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

So I have a new passport. According the Global Entry site I just go in and change the passport information. Unfortunately that's not editable! (I can edit my Driver's license which of course is not much help!)

So it looks like my ONLY options are to go the ATL airport M- F 8 AM to 4 PM and get them to update it! I can't find any way to make an appointment for this. Do you just walk in? I sent an email to the authorities, but they indicate it takes 10 -15 days to respond. I leave in 8 days so that's not really helpful

Any other suggestions?
Old Feb 24, 2019, 7:10 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
So I have a new passport. According the Global Entry site I just go in and change the passport information. Unfortunately that's not editable! (I can edit my Driver's license which of course is not much help!)

So it looks like my ONLY options are to go the ATL airport M- F 8 AM to 4 PM and get them to update it! I can't find any way to make an appointment for this. Do you just walk in? I sent an email to the authorities, but they indicate it takes 10 -15 days to respond. I leave in 8 days so that's not really helpful

Any other suggestions?
You can walk in to any GE office to update your passport information. No appointment needed (nor is it possible to make an appointment for this transaction).

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...llment-centers
TWA884 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 6:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
It should be editable. I just did yesterday.

Login
Click on Update Documents on the Right
Then click Edit in upper right corner on box that pops up.

Any box not gray can be updated. I just tried again and it would let me change it again if I needed.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 1:55 pm

I just renewed my passport through a rush service and the GE website will not allow me to update my information. It kept saying there was an error with my new information. I'll wait a couple of days to see if the CBP gets my new information. If not I'll have to hit TBIT in LAX the next time I'm there.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 5:00 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Often, trying a different browser takes care of the problem.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 12:39 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
Cannot edit passport info on TTP (global entry) website

I recently renewed my passport. I have been unable to update the passport info on the TTP website for GE. The option to edit is not there (though it is there for my driver license). There is a message that says that if you cannot edit online, you have to go to an enrollment center. I am curious if anyone else has experienced this issue and if there is an explanation for why I can’t make the update online.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 3:02 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

There has been recent discussion of a similar glitch. I'm still searching for it.

In the meantime, I suggest trying do the update using a different browser. I have had similar updating/editing issues on other sites resolve when I switched from Chrome to Firefox.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator

ETA: Found and merged.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 3:41 pm

Ran into this problem also. Spouse and I got new passports recently. I was able to edit mine easily. Spouse's did not even display the edit option. Went to PHL as walk in and got the change accomplished in a matter of minutes - it took longer to walk to and from the GE office. Of course there was the matter of the drive.
Old May 14, 2019, 9:57 pm

I had the same issue of having the option to edit but getting an error once I tried to submit. I submitted the email form and got the 10-15 day timeline as well. They replied today after 7 calendar days with a canned response on how to do it online, and said if I can’t do it online to go to an enrollment center.
Old May 31, 2019, 4:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold, Wyndham Gold
Hi all,

So I have a similar issue - I updated my passport and removed my middle names. I managed to update my GE profile with the new number but I can't change the name.

Got a couple of questions
1. Can I use the GE machines now ive updated the number depsite the name not fully matching?
2. Im transiting at SEA, does anyone know if its possible to clear to visit the enrollement centre (which I assume is landside) depsite being on a connecting flight, I have plenty of time to clear security again, just not sure if i would be allowed to

Thanks all,
Anthony
Old May 31, 2019, 4:30 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by antuk
Hi all,
2. Im transiting at SEA, does anyone know if its possible to clear to visit the enrollement centre (which I assume is landside) depsite being on a connecting flight, I have plenty of time to clear security again, just not sure if i would be allowed to

Thanks all,
Anthony
Yes, no problem exiting SEA as a transit passenger. Just use your next flight's boarding pass to re-enter the secure area. US airports don't have the concept of segregated transfer - once you pass through immigration, you can go anywhere you like.
Old May 31, 2019, 4:37 pm

1. Can I use the GE machines now ive updated the number depsite the name not fully matching?
You may get an X on your GE kiosk generated slip due to the name mismatch and have to see a CBP officer who could update your name. Even if you don't get the X, there is no harm in asking.

Unless originating at pre-clearance airports, all passengers arriving in the US on international flights must pass through TSA security checkpoints after exiting the immigration and customs inspection facility and before boarding their connecting flights. Thus, if that is the case, you will already be landside.
Old May 31, 2019, 4:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by TWA884
Unless originating at pre-clearance airports, all passengers arriving in the US on international flights must pass through TSA security checkpoints after exiting the immigration and customs inspection facility and before boarding their connecting flights. Thus, if that is the case, you will be landside.
Is this the case even if my connecting flight is to Canada? Im doing LHR - SEA - YEG
Old May 31, 2019, 5:00 pm

Is this the case even if my connecting flight is to Canada? Im doing LHR - SEA - YEG
Any connecting flight. The US does not have sterile transit facilities for international to international connecting passengers. All arriving passengers, connecting or not, are admitted to the US. If connecting to domestic or international flights, passengers must be screened at a TSA security checkpoint before boarding their connecting flights.
Old May 31, 2019, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884
Any connecting flight. The US does not have sterile transit facilities for international to international connecting passengers. All arriving passengers, connecting or not, are admitted to the US. If connecting to domestic or international flights, passengers must be screened at a TSA security checkpoint before boarding their connecting flights.
Oh ok, thanks. In that case I can clear at SEA, go up to the GE enrollment centre before going back through for the next flight.

Does anyone know if SEA is one of those airports where you have to pick up your luggage and then drop it off again despite it being checked all the way through to the final destination?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.