Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Cannot update passport / driver license in TTP website

Cannot update passport / driver license in TTP website

Old Nov 1, 21, 12:16 pm

So the consensus is that it takes a week or so for systems to sync so once receiving a new passport wait a week before trying to update ?

Also, is it necessary to update employment changes? I can't find where to do that.
Old Nov 1, 21, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA (EXP), Hilton (Diamond), SPG (lowly Plat)
Originally Posted by jmsnyc View Post
So the consensus is that it takes a week or so for systems to sync so once receiving a new passport wait a week before trying to update ?
It can take a month.
Old Nov 2, 21, 6:56 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM

Also, is it necessary to update employment changes? I can't find where to do that.
No, it is not necessary to update employment changes. You'll make any necessary updates to employment history at renewal.
Old Nov 4, 21, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Under YMMV; Issued Nov 1st new passport, Nov 4th - still too early. Set a calendar reminder for a week from now - as others stated likely may take much longer.
Old Nov 4, 21, 8:49 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by NickP 1K View Post
Under YMMV; Issued Nov 1st new passport, Nov 4th - still too early. Set a calendar reminder for a week from now - as others stated likely may take much longer.
Set your calendar reminder to 2 Dec 2021.
NickP 1K likes this.
Old Nov 5, 21, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Originally Posted by 1KChinito View Post
Set your calendar reminder to 2 Dec 2021.
Haha, how funny I actually have a series of check calendar reminders, last one being Dec 2nd!
Old Nov 17, 21, 8:03 am

Just a data point: I've had my new passport for a month and and am still getting the "We were unable to verify your document" when trying to update it in the GE website.
All info is correct/ no name change.

I just have a reminder on my calendar to keep trying every week.
Old Nov 17, 21, 6:16 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles; Hilton HHonors; NEXUS; National Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by Travlur View Post
Just a data point: I've had my new passport for a month and and am still getting the "We were unable to verify your document" when trying to update it in the GE website.

Did you get the new style passport (purple polycarbonate biodata page) or the old style (multicolor laminated paper biodata page)?

Not sure if it matters, but I've noticed that the new passport numbers are alphanumeric, and I wouldn't be surprised if some backend system DHS uses hasn't been updated to deal with that. (Note: This is pure speculation.)
Old Nov 17, 21, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by Travlur View Post

Originally Posted by txviking View Post
Did you get the new style passport (purple polycarbonate biodata page) or the old style (multicolor laminated paper biodata page)?

Not sure if it matters, but I've noticed that the new passport numbers are alphanumeric, and I wouldn't be surprised if some backend system DHS uses hasn't been updated to deal with that. (Note: This is pure speculation.)
Nope - it simply takes from 2-6 weeks before the TTP website gets the "new passport list" from whichever department creates that list. Travlur's strategy of checking once per week is all anyone needs to do.
Travlur and txviking like this.
Old Nov 18, 21, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by txviking View Post

Yes, I got the new style passport.
txviking likes this.
Old Nov 23, 21, 2:16 pm

Kid got a new polycarbonate passport this week - I got a new standard extended pages two weeks prior

Neither could update TTP - went into the LAX enrollment center this AM - no appt and asked if they could do the document updates as I couldn't on TTP. Was able to do it and confirmed my younger kid even as older had acceptable fingerprints still, main reason I went in was to get her fingerprints done (didn't know my wife did it before!) Was dead quiet on the Tue AM before thanksgiving to go in and we were done quick

TTP now shows the changes even for the polycarbonate that has a letter in the front of the number.
txviking likes this.

Last edited by NickP 1K; Nov 23, 21 at 7:56 pm
Old Dec 3, 21, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism View Post
It can take a month.
Its over a month and I still cant update
Old Dec 3, 21, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA (EXP), Hilton (Diamond), SPG (lowly Plat)
That seems like something is wrong. Can you get to an enrollment center? If not, do you have any upcoming international trips? You can present your new passport at an enrollment center on a walk-in basis and ask for it to be updated, or on your next entry into the U.S., ask an agent to update your info.
Old Dec 4, 21, 6:45 am

Per reports in this thread, it can take up to 6 weeks before a new passport is recognized by the TTP system. Be patient.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Dec 4, 21, 9:54 am
J S

Had this problem for my son (got an emergency passport renewal, but could not update his GE account). Had to stop at the "interview on arrival" booth and they had not issue updating it. Actually, while there was a bit of a wait for interview on arrival, they efficiently processed three tasks for me (renewal interview for me, update one child's passport, and update second child's picture to see if we can dispense with the "X").
NickP 1K likes this.

Search this Thread