FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trusted Travelers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers-732/)
-   -   No longer collecting GE receipts [@ DFW] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers/1957026-no-longer-collecting-ge-receipts-dfw.html)

Majuki Feb 18, 2019 10:10 pm

No longer collecting GE receipts [@ DFW]

I just arrived internationally at DFW. I had nothing to declare and had the "show receipt at exit" message. DFW switched to unified passport control/customs awhile ago, but today the process was a bit different. The USCBP officer at passport control said my receipt was a souvenir to keep. The officers at the exit downstairs confirmed this for me as well as another traveler who were sort of in disbelief. I saw others with their receipts as well, yet some receipts were still being collected upstairs.This was not the case as of early January at DFW when all receipts were collected, regardless of declaration. Needless to say it was a bit disconcerting considering this is probably the biggest change from the way things have been done in the 9 years I've been a part of the program.

Others who've recently transited DFW have confirmed this as well.

alphaod Feb 21, 2019 3:29 pm

Honestly why bother with the receipts at all.

Facial recognition, RFID chips in the passports, it should be pretty easy to see who is declaring or not. Beyonds if they were going to submit you to secondary it doesn't matter what you declared.

BarneyMcGrew Feb 23, 2019 2:03 am

I thought it odd when I flew into DFW from UK earlier this month.

I got the 'show receipt at exit' slip but when I got to the exit after baggage reclaim there was no one there to hand my receipt to!

Not wishing to mess up my Global Entry, I waited a couple of minutes for a CBP officer to appear. When one did eventually appear I tried to hand him the paper slip but he just said 'it's okay, no need' without even glancing at the form to see if it had an 'x' on it (it didn't by the way).

So, off I went slip still in my hand.

BM

gateH15 Feb 24, 2019 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Majuki (Post 30795340)
I just arrived internationally at DFW. I had nothing to declare and had the "show receipt at exit" message. DFW switched to unified passport control/customs awhile ago, but today the process was a bit different. The USCBP officer at passport control said my receipt was a souvenir to keep. The officers at the exit downstairs confirmed this for me as well as another traveler who were sort of in disbelief. I saw others with their receipts as well, yet some receipts were still being collected upstairs.This was not the case as of early January at DFW when all receipts were collected, regardless of declaration. Needless to say it was a bit disconcerting considering this is probably the biggest change from the way things have been done in the 9 years I've been a part of the program.

Others who've recently transited DFW have confirmed this as well.

exact same thing happened to me in DFW on Feb 18!
I got GE receipt (no X, nothing to declare and no checked bags). I proceeded to the officer at GE passport control booth and he asked me to see my passport, he stamped it and gave me back the receipt. I told him that he should keep it since I have no checked luggage and gonna take elevator downstairs skipping the luggage belt and customs. He said just keep the receipt. I wonder why did he stamp my passport if I have a global entry!?

Majuki Feb 24, 2019 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by gateH15 (Post 30816457)
I told him that he should keep it since I have no checked luggage and gonna take elevator downstairs skipping the luggage belt and customs.

I purposefully didn't take the elevator downstairs since I wanted to see if other people were in the same boat. I didn't get a stamp in my passport nor have I except one time since receiving GE.

gateH15 Feb 24, 2019 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by Majuki (Post 30816742)
I purposefully didn't take the elevator downstairs since I wanted to see if other people were in the same boat. I didn't get a stamp in my passport nor have I except one time since receiving GE.

this was my first time ever receiving a stamp since I got global entry 3 years ago.
I’ve been selected once to go to customs secondary but even there I got no stamp. I was about to tell him that I don’t need an extra stamp in my passport that doesn’t have many blank pages left but I quickly realized it’s never a good idea to tell CBP officer how to do his job so I just took a GE slip and threw it away as soon as I was out of the elevator.