Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Name error when migrating from GOES to new Trusted Traveler Program

Old Jan 22, 19, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Hello everyone, I recently renewed my Canadian Passport and thus figured I needed to update my passport information for my NEXUS card. When attempting to log into to the old GOES service, I realised it is no longer used, and instead created a new account with login.gov for their CBP Trusted Traveler program. When I log in, I am immediately taken to the Account Profile page where I fill in all the information according to my NEXUS card including the PASSID on the back upper left corner. Everything is correctly spelled, etc., however, when I go submit the information, I get an error code telling me there is a problem with my name being entered correctly. I have never had an issue with any misspellings on my card or passport and haven't changed my name since becoming a member of NEXUS in October 2016.

I obviously can't get through to anyone due to the lapse in Federal funding but I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this error when trying to migrate to the new system? Were you able to get in? How?

I can't post an image but the exact error is: "Please check the Name you entered. It does not match with what we have on file. Error code(s): 603"
Old Jan 22, 19, 1:56 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Originally Posted by Me_Andrea View Post
I obviously can't get through to anyone due to the lapse in Federal funding but I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this error when trying to migrate to the new system? Were you able to get in? How?
Welcome to FlyerTalk @Me_Andrea!

Yes, members have reported similar errors in the TTP - New Trusted Traveler Programs Website - Replaced GOES Effective Oct 1, 2017 thread.

You must enter the name exactly as you did on your original Trusted Traveler application which should be as it appears on your passport, including the middle name if you have one.
Old Jan 22, 19, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TWA884 View Post
Welcome to FlyerTalk @Me_Andrea!

You must enter the name exactly as you did on your original Trusted Traveler application which should be as it appears on your passport, including the middle name if you have one.
I have been. Iíve also tried omitting my middle name and putting my middle name beside my first name, leaving the middle name field empty. Iíve matched it up exactly with what is on my CDN passport as the blurb suggests but no variation is working.

I am traveling to San Diego this weekend and am worried this is going to be an issue.
Old Jan 22, 19, 5:01 pm

I am traveling to San Diego this weekend and am worried this is going to be an issue.
Make sure to have your NEXUS card with you.

If you are departing from a pre-clearance airport, the CBP officer in the Global Entry kiosk area should be able to make the necessary corrections for you. If you're leaving from a Canadian airport without a pre-clearance facility, while I'm not sure of the Global Entry setup at SAN, if there is a CBP officer stationed at the exit from the GE kiosk area, she or he should be able to make the necessary corrections for you.
Old Jan 22, 19, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

If you are departing from a pre-clearance airport, the CBP officer in the Global Entry kiosk area should be able to make the necessary corrections for you.
Ah, good call. I'll head to YVR early to get it sorted out. Thank you!
Old Jan 23, 19, 11:52 am
Original Poster

If you are departing from a pre-clearance airport, the CBP officer in the Global Entry kiosk area should be able to make the necessary corrections for you.
I just finished with NEXUS at YVR (Vancouver). He was able to update my CDN passport number on the Canadian end but there were no US officers at the office to update my info on the US end.

Interestingly, I asked him if he could verify the spelling of my name in the system and apparently the US has the Czech spelling of my last name and not the English spelling (Iím dual citizen). My birth surname has only ever been the English spelling!

Finally, I was able to log in using the Czech spelling of my last name and can access my dashboard. Does anyone know if I can update the spelling of my last name myself? I canít seem to find it. As well, I can see my two passports but the edit function is only available for my Czech passport, not my Canadian one which is the one that needs to be updated!

In summary, my questions are this:

1. Can I correct the spelling of my last name myself on the website? If so, where?

2. How can I update my Canadian passport number?

Thank you!
Old Jan 23, 19, 12:17 pm

I just finished with NEXUS at YVR (Vancouver). He was able to update my CDN passport number on the Canadian end but there were no US officers at the office to update my info on the US end.
Did you check with the CBP officer at the pre-clearance checkpoint or Global Entry kiosk area?

Search this Thread