Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Nexus interviews in Canada due to US government shutdown

Old Jan 13, 19, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Rewards Gold, Fairmont President Club Platinum

I have read that the US CBP agents will not be there to do their part of the interview, during the period of the US government shutdown.

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/prog/nexus/menu-eng.html

One can still go on the interview dates to get the Canadian CBSA part of the interview, but then one will have to get a second interview for the US CBP interview.

I have had a scheduled interview this coming Tuesday (Jan 15) in Ottawa; for the reasons above, I have rescheduled it to mid-Feb (hoping that the government shutdown will be history by then).

PS-is the US CBP web site valid for scheduling/re-scheduling nexus (or global entry) interviews?
Old Jan 15, 19, 11:25 am

I imagine this is exactly why my Nexus application is taking so long to process.
Old Jan 26, 19, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Rewards Gold, Fairmont President Club Platinum
With the shutdown at least temporarily over through to Feb 15, I have now booked my nexus interview (for renewal) on Feb 13. Hopefully, I will meet both the US CBP officer as well as the Canadian CBSA officer.

Search this Thread