Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - No stamp for LPR entering the US?

Old Dec 28, 2018, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Sorry, if this is a question already discussed. I didn’t want to hijack an existing thread posting my question.

I have been a Global Entry member (and an LPR) since 2015, but never had used it after an international travel. I returned to Chicago yesterday after a trip to India, and used Global Entry. It was unbelievably easy and simple. I was looking scared of missing a line as I didn’t have to go through those immigration officers’ passport control booths, at the end of which the CBP officer puts an ARRIVAL stamp. There is an exit line for GE members, I followed it.

I now realized that my passport doesn’t have a record/stamp of my arrival. Do I have to go back to the airport to request one?
Old Dec 28, 2018, 7:24 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
CBP has largely stopped stamping passports several years ago. Some collectors want them and if you ask an Officer at the passport control booths, one will likely stamp it for you.

CBP most certainly does have a record of your entry. It is simply electronic.
vnangli likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 8:28 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Visitors who need to obtain records of arrival and departures should go to the I94 - Official Website:
Need A History Of Your Arrivals & Departures?

View your U.S. arrival and departure history for the past 5 years (certain types of travel history may not be provided). Please know, this travel history is a tool to assist you but not an official record for legal purpose.
vnangli likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Thank you for the replies... I checked the I-94 site and it has been updated.
I was a little worried at the time yesterday, this Global Entry access gave me a pleasant surprise.
TWA884 likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 9:46 pm

Programs: CBP
We stamp LPR's passports, unless they come through GE. Then they're waved through if a clear receipt comes out.

Ask for a stamp next time if you want/need it.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 3:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by maninblack
We stamp LPR's passports, unless they come through GE. Then they're waved through if a clear receipt comes out.

Ask for a stamp next time if you want/need it.
I got a O receipt, as I had declared food and the receipt mentioned REPORT TO BAGGAGE CONTROL. I had my baggage scanned and cleared.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.