Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Denied Access to the TSA PreCheck Security Line by the Document Checker

Old Dec 11, 18, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Iberia Plus, Flying Blue, Delta Skymiles, Priority Club

Recently, I was denied the TSA pre-check security line despite having TSA pre-check printed on my BP. I asked for an explanation from the TSO who called over a supervisor The supervisor explained that being TSA prechecked, flying a participating airline and having a BP marked TSA Pre-check doesn't mean I go to the TSA security line. He added, TSA doesn't want PX believe that having Pre-check allows them to go through without removing stuff from their bag.
​​​​​​He then directed me to the non TSA pre-check line There were very few people in any of the lines, so it didn't delay me. However, the TSA website invites you sign up for a fee and touts pre-check as a way to get prechecked... . That is why I paid good money and did screening. If this is true then TSA pre-check looks like fraud, and I am the patsy
Cheers
Old Dec 11, 18, 8:43 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
PreCheck is not guaranteed. Passengers may be randomly selected for extra screening.
TSA PreCheck "Random" Extra Screening?

TSA Precheck In Reality
Old Dec 13, 18, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by TWA884 View Post
PreCheck is not guaranteed. Passengers may be randomly selected for extra screening.
Yes, but doesnít that usually happen at the metal detector? I hadnít heard of someone with the PreCheck notation on their boarding pass being denied entry to the PreCheck line.
G702TT likes this.

Search this Thread