FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trusted Travelers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers-732/)
-   -   Stretching Out Time to GE Interview (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers/1940197-stretching-out-time-ge-interview.html)

BigFlyer Nov 12, 2018 9:37 am

Stretching Out Time to GE Interview

My daughter lives in a city where they do not do GE enrollment interviews.

When I applied for my Global Entry years ago, one could keep the application alive after conditional approval by rescheduling the interview appointment so long as one did not no-show for an appointment, Is that still the case?

(plan would be to get conditional approval, schedule a far out appointment, but ultimately get interviewed through GE on arrival.)

nrr Nov 12, 2018 9:59 am

Originally Posted by BigFlyer (Post 30421430)

When I applied for my Global Entry years ago, one could keep the application alive after conditional approval by rescheduling the interview appointment so long as one did not no-show for an appointment, Is that still the case?

(plan would be to get conditional approval, schedule a far out appointment, but ultimately get interviewed through GE on arrival.)

One must schedule an appointment within 30 days of cond. approval--the actual appt. can be months out...keep adjusting until one finds a convenient opening.

TWA884 Nov 12, 2018 10:00 am

Originally Posted by BigFlyer (Post 30421430)

The enrollment center I'm closest to doesn't have any appointments available

You need to complete an interview within 365 days of conditional approval, or your application will be cancelled. You can reschedule as often as needed.
And:
I'm conditionally approved. How do I schedule an interview?

You must complete your interview within 365 days of receiving you conditional approval. If you do not do so, your application will be cancelled and no refunds will be granted. You will need to pay and apply again if you wish to be a member. You may reschedule as often as needed. All scheduling should be done through your TTP account.

TWA884 Nov 12, 2018 10:24 am

Originally Posted by nrr (Post 30421521)
One must schedule an appointment within 30 days of cond. approval--the actual appt. can be months out...keep adjusting until one finds a convenient opening.

That has changed to 120 days:
Trusted Traveler Programs - Frequently Asked Questions

If conditionally approved, you will receive a notification to schedule your interview. It is important that you follow the directions in that notification and within 120 days of becoming Conditionally Approved, schedule your interview appointment at an Enrollment Center. Failure to schedule an interview in that timeframe will cancel your application.

BigFlyer Nov 12, 2018 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884 (Post 30421636)

So, 120 days to scheduled interview - and 365 days to complete is the current status?

TWA884 Nov 12, 2018 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by BigFlyer (Post 30422900)
So, 120 days to scheduled interview - and 365 days to complete is the current status?

Yes, that's my understanding. However, just to be comfortable and not risk forgetting, I'd schedule a placeholder interview appointment shortly after receiving the conditional approval.

GUWonder Nov 13, 2018 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884 (Post 30421636)

That has changed to 365 days.

Originally Posted by BigFlyer (Post 30422900)

No. 365 days to schedule and complete the initial or renewal GE interview for those seeking to go from conditional approval to final approval for initial and renewal GE membership.

No longer any general need to schedule the interview within 120 days of conditional approval. It used to be schedule within 30 days, went up to a few months, and now it can be scheduled nearly a year later, if at all, as long as you complete the interview before 365 days go by.

BigFlyer Nov 13, 2018 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884 (Post 30423146)
Yes, that's my understanding. However, just to be comfortable and not risk forgetting, I'd schedule a placeholder interview appointment shortly after receiving the conditional approval.

That's the plan - schedule an interview as far out as possible and then do an "on arrival" interview.

GUWonder Nov 13, 2018 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by BigFlyer (Post 30426532)
That's the plan - schedule an interview as far out as possible and then do an "on arrival" interview.

No requirement to have an interview scheduled at all if using the enrollment on arrival option (during applicable hours at applicable airports). A conditionally approved applicant can wait 364 days without ever having scheduled the needed GE interview and show up at ORD at 1pm on a Wednesday some 360-364 days after receiving conditional approval and do the enrollment on arrival process interview. That’s how it works currently.

TWA884 Nov 13, 2018 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder (Post 30426510)

That has changed to 365 days.

No. 365 days to schedule and complete the initial or renewal GE interview for those seeking to go from conditional approval to final approval for initial and renewal GE membership.

No longer any general need to schedule the interview within 120 days of conditional approval. It used to be schedule within 30 days, went up to a few months, and now it can be scheduled nearly a year later, if at all, as long as you complete the interview before 365 days go by.

Citation/source please.

sppe Nov 14, 2018 3:56 am

It's definitely 365 days. It specifically lists the deadline on my application.

Unfortunately I can't post a screenshot, but here's a direct quote from the conditional approval page:

Schedule your appointment as soon as possible. If you do not select an appointment date by November 04, 2019, your application will be deleted from the system. You will be required to resubmit your application and pay the application fee again.