Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Can you use Global Entry in Argentina?

Old Oct 23, 18, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

I read that citizens of Argentina can apply for Global Entry. Is this two way? If you are transiting through EZE, can you get expedited screening through security at the airport?
Old Oct 23, 18, 2:53 pm

Programs: AC E50K, AS MVP, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Delta/Marriott/SPG Plat, UA Gold
Global Entry is for used for arrivals into the US.
Old Oct 23, 18, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Repooc17 View Post
Global Entry is for used for arrivals into the US.
I realize that. So the answer is No, you can't use GE or PreCheck going through EZE. Argentine citizens can use it for entry to the US but not vice versa.

Just thought I'd ask.
Old Oct 23, 18, 6:24 pm

Programs: AC E50K, AS MVP, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Delta/Marriott/SPG Plat, UA Gold
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
I realize that. So the answer is No, you can't use GE or PreCheck going through EZE. Argentine citizens can use it for entry to the US but not vice versa.

Just thought I'd ask.
The bolded is an incorrect premise. The qualification of certain citizens of other countries for expedited entry by CBP does not grant automatic reciprocation of the equivalent customs and immigration agency in Argentina.

It is up to the policy of each country who can or cannot qualify. Other countries do allow US citizens to apply for similar trusted traveler programs.
Old Oct 24, 18, 5:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Repooc17 View Post
The bolded is an incorrect premise. The qualification of certain citizens of other countries for expedited entry by CBP does not grant automatic reciprocation of the equivalent customs and immigration agency in Argentina.

It is up to the policy of each country who can or cannot qualify. Other countries do allow US citizens to apply for similar trusted traveler programs.
Ah....I think thatís what he meant or at least meant to say.

Search this Thread