FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trusted Travelers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers-732/)
-   -   Global Entry - Can you get approved and later on be denied? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers/1935786-global-entry-can-you-get-approved-later-denied.html)

futtfy Oct 15, 2018 5:56 pm

Global Entry - Can you get approved and later on be denied?

Hello!

1. Can you get approved and later on that week be denied?

2. it it normal to see your approved in the account and not receive an email? Could it mean they could possibly still reverse the decision? Although my wife was told by the officer she was approved unless it takes long or some weird thing happens and it gets denied.

3 lastly, how can you do your own background check on your address and see what they also saw on their system? Would like to know some things since my address has been an open place.

Thank you all!

Often1 Oct 15, 2018 6:57 pm

Yes, it is a TTP which means that the status may be revoked at any time.

No, it would not be normal to be approved and have it not mean that.

No, you cannot access what DHS (CBP) can access.

futtfy Oct 15, 2018 7:53 pm

I didn’t get email but login in shows approve. I don’t know when I will receive the mail of my card.
is that guaranteed?

As someone who owns the address, I can’t find any 3rd party to do a background search?

gobluetwo Oct 16, 2018 5:38 am

How long has it been? It's not like they overnight the card to you. Check the global entry approval thread for current turnaround times.

Often1 Oct 16, 2018 6:58 am

The card is irrelevant. It may take a few weeks to mail it and it may get misdelivered or lost. But, as soon as you are approved, you will have a KTN which you may enter into your air carrier profiles or PNR data. The card itself has some occasional uses, but none of them relate to your status in GE.

Give it a few weeks and send a note to CBP on the contact form if it does not arrive.

Randyk47 Oct 16, 2018 7:25 am

There are more variations on the post-interview timeline than can be described or explained here. In my case I went to the interview and the agent said I probably would be approved. Left the CBP office and before I could get to my SUV I got the approval email. Got my card about 10 days later but already knew my PassID Number which is really the important thing. Three weeks later my wife goes in for her interview at the same office and same agent. Squeaky clean record and no issues. Agent again says she probably will be approved. She was approved but it took almost three weeks for the approval email and then another week plus for her card.

Often1 Oct 16, 2018 9:15 am

But, that isn't what OP is asking about. He has received his approval email. That means he has been approved. He is simply missing his GE card. That is a nice thing for a few limited purposes, but completely not necessary for accessing either GE or Pre-Check.

TWA884 Oct 16, 2018 9:24 am

Originally Posted by Often1 (Post 30321050)
But, that isn't what OP is asking about. He has received his approval email...

That's not how I understand the OP's posts:

Originally Posted by futtfy (Post 30319023)
2. it it normal to see your approved in the account and not receive an email?

Originally Posted by futtfy (Post 30319298)
I didn’t get email but login in shows approve.

Randyk47 Oct 16, 2018 9:58 am

Originally Posted by TWA884 (Post 30321075)
That's not how I understand the OP's posts:

That’s how I understood the OP’s original post.