Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Nexus - Approved at Interview but online Status Still Conditionally Approved

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2015, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Air Canada P25K, Nexus
NEXUS - GOES Status still "Interview Scheduled"

Hi,

I'm a new poster so please bear with me if this has been answered in depth somewhere or if this is in the wrong place .

I'm not exactly on the same boat as this guy (posted below about daughter and GE) but I'm in a similar situation - maybe someone can help. I got my conditional for NEXUS a couple of weeks ago and had my interview on Friday, 11/6 in Champlain. I left the building not having any doubt that I was not accepted in to the program. They asked me the questions (to which they responded "Great!"), got the run down on what/who I can/cannot bring through the lane, how to use the kiosks, got my fingerprints and iris scan taken etc. etc. etc. I watched the US officer go through everything on his computer and such, and he said the card would arrive in 7-10 days, probably this coming Friday, and if it was approaching 3 weeks and it still hadn't arrived, that I should call and "make sure" they sent it out . Yes, it is not Friday yet, but one element of all of this gave me some trouble and I think I've seen this before: my status in GOES is still listed as "Interview Scheduled" and not "approved" .

Should I be concerned about this? Should I call and "make sure" that they should have updated my status in GOES? The CBP guy was very friendly and I don't want to bother him but at the same time I don't want to be waiting 3 weeks+ for the card; I have travel coming up and I would like to use it. Part of me wants to call and nip this (problem?) in the bud but the other part just says let it be and see what happens. Ideas? Should I start a thread or no? Any input appreciated .
Old Nov 9, 2015, 6:37 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
Several folks have reported that calling gets whoever needs to

to press the button that says "approved." Sometimes it's just a glitch, as I found myself when reapplying for GE this past year. I had been approved, but whatever button had to get pressed to approve me and send me my card didn't get press so I called. I'm sure it's no big deal so go ahead and give them a jingle.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Air Canada P25K, Nexus
Yep! Good call. Just spoke with the officer - there was indeed a small error but he pushed it through and changed the status. Thanks for the advice!
Old Oct 10, 2018, 6:28 am

Hoping someone can help - I was approved at the interview but when I go online, my status is still Conditionally Approved and my interview was two weeks ago. Haven't received the card either.

Is this normal? Should I call the CBP Line or go in to an office to speak with someone?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:35 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by yyz-kin
Hoping someone can help - I was approved at the interview but when I go online, my status is still Conditionally Approved and my interview was two weeks ago. Haven't received the card either.

Is this normal? Should I call the CBP Line or go in to an office to speak with someone?
Call your interview enrollment center. Most likely someone forgot to click approve button.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by 1KChinito
approve button.
Minor details! Thanks. I have called and left a V/M....will circle back when I hear from them....
Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:43 am

Minor details! Thanks. I have called and left a V/M....will circle back when I hear from them....
You are welcome. That is the most common reported issue.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 9:52 am

Voicemail left. Received an email about two hours later notifying me of a change to my file. Phone call came minutes after that saying things are finalized and the card will arrive in 7-10 days.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 12:04 pm

Voicemail left. Received an email about two hours later notifying me of a change to my file. Phone call came minutes after that saying things are finalized and the card will arrive in 7-10 days.
That is great. Your NEXUS card will arrive in about a week.

Mark your calendar to renew at T-364.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 12:30 pm

Nexus application stuck in Conditional Approval after interview

Hi there,

My initial application was stuck in "Conditional Approval" after interview for > 1month, I did some research in FT and seems there was no data point for this long. Any help/similar experience is appreciated

Timeline:
Interview day: Everything went well and the interviewer told me I should expect the physical card in 7-10 days.
Week 1: I was confused on no update for application status, saw posts in FT that "the officer might just forget to submit the approval", started calling the enrollment center
Week 2: After trying for a whole week, finally got someone on the phone, was told "I will get an officer to take a look, someone would follow up with email".
Week 3: Of course nobody emailed. Called again, was told "it's waiting supervisor approval". I asked estimated time, and was told "the supervisor is on vacation for several weeks" and got hang up. So I guess there's no backup supervisor once someone is in vacation for a long time, hmmm good job CBP
Week 5: Called again, this time they didn't mention vacation so I assumed the supervisor was back, Still, no update and no estimated time, just asked to wait.

It's a 2 hour drive to the enrollment center, but based on what they told me, seems even if I dropped by, they would simply ask me to wait
Old Aug 24, 2022, 1:13 pm

I checked out this thread Global Entry application is still "Conditionally Approved" after interview too, it seems a lot people got lucky calling another enrollment center. But that was for GE, any data point for Nexus would be appreciated

Last edited by jokerman101; Aug 24, 2022 at 1:14 pm Reason: forget link
Old Aug 24, 2022, 2:38 pm

Update: called another enrollment center, was told I have to call the center I did the interview
Old Apr 1, 2024, 1:24 pm

Did you get approval Jokerman101?

jokerman101 did u get approval after talking to enrollment centre ?

Had my nexus interview last thursday at derby vermont i was informed suoeevisor has to approve it but told will receive approval in 24 48 hrs but nothing yet.

how long should i wait before i call them i have seen people wait 3 weeks to 2 months on this forum

people seem ro be calling or email enrollment centre where do they get the phone no and email if anyone know email can u post.
derby line VT

Last edited by TWA884; Apr 1, 2024 at 1:36 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member after the threads were merged

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.