Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Green Renewal Button Available Early in Error

Old Aug 28, 2018, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum

I logged in to the TTP system and found the Green Renewal Button was available and I could apply today for renewal of my GE which expires on August, 29. 2019. I accordingly went through the whole process of renewal and paid my fees and a few minutes later got a message stating my renewal was cancelled due to applying too early.

I do realize it will mean another 100 Dollars to renew in a couple of days. Has anybody noticed the Green Renewal button available more than an year before the current GE expires? In my wife's case the button only appeared when she was eligible to renew. In my case the page clearly stated I could renew today the 28th and I did.

Maybe I will wait for a few days and see what happens before renewing my GE again.
A word of caution really to people renewing their GE. Maybe give it an extra day or two before you go through the process of renewal.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 4:26 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Looks like this is a bug in the TTP web site. On my own Dashboard, the TTP site includes the following text for my membership:

Includes: TSA PreCheck
Membership Number/PASSID: 999999999
Expiration Date: (a correct date)
You cannot renew your membership until
(day-1 year-1 - which is an incorrect date).

For example (using made up expiration dates) if the expiration date was January 15, 2025, the site displays this as "you cannot renew your membership until January 14, 2024" when it should have said "you cannot renew your membership until January 16, 2024". Another way of saying this is that TTP's expiration date math is currently using T-366 as the first day to renew when it is supposed to be T-364.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the response. Well, a lesson learnt that haste makes waste.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by pontevecchio
I logged in to the TTP system and found the Green Renewal Button was available and I could apply today for renewal of my GE which expires on August, 29. 2019. I accordingly went through the whole process of renewal and paid my fees and a few minutes later got a message stating my renewal was cancelled due to applying too early.

I do realize it will mean another 100 Dollars to renew in a couple of days. Has anybody noticed the Green Renewal button available more than an year before the current GE expires? In my wife's case the button only appeared when she was eligible to renew. In my case the page clearly stated I could renew today the 28th and I did.

Maybe I will wait for a few days and see what happens before renewing my GE again.
A word of caution really to people renewing their GE. Maybe give it an extra day or two before you go through the process of renewal.
only if this is a way to MS the GE fees reimbursed by credit cards
Old Aug 29, 2018, 10:28 am
Original Poster

A quick followup to note that my application went through today even though the site still says eligible to renew on August, 28.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.