FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trusted Travelers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers-732/)
-   -   NEXUS renewal issue for US-CA dual citizen (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers/1925349-nexus-renewal-issue-us-ca-dual-citizen.html)

vn33 Aug 15, 2018 9:37 am

NEXUS renewal issue for US-CA dual citizen

Hello,
I've been trying to submit a NEXUS renewal for my wife, who is a US-CA dual citizen. Since our original application was through GOES, when I register at the new portal and submit the trusted traveler ID, the relevant passport information is retrieved automatically. I completed the form and proceeded to the last step to pay for the renewal but encountered this error "Please ensure the document you are providing as proof you may enter into the United States has the correct country of issuance".

The problem is, this information is automatically migrated from our previous application, and it consists of both the US and Canadian passport information. Any attempt to email the NEXUS help with screen shot and detail information just gets me a generic response of pointing me to use the new portal.

Has any one encountered any similar issues? Is there a phone number I can talk to an actual person? Should I just submit a paper application?
Thank you in advance for any advice.

Error below:
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...da4a256e06.jpg

greglvnv Aug 16, 2018 11:39 pm

Are you able to remove the Canadian passport from the application?
If so, just proceed with the U.S. one.

vn33 Aug 17, 2018 11:33 am

Originally Posted by greglvnv (Post 30092534)

I haven't tried it yet ... Will give it a go.

FXWizard Aug 20, 2018 9:43 am

I had issues when renewing my NEXUS membership - but in my case I would receive a "server error" when it came time to pay for renewal..

It took repeated tech support requests to determine the problem was having both the US and CDN passports entered into the system during the renewal process; I removed the CDN passport info, paid for the renewal, then re-entered the info.

vn33 Aug 20, 2018 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by FXWizard (Post 30105391)
I had issues when renewing my NEXUS membership - but in my case I would receive a "server error" when it came time to pay for renewal..

It took repeated tech support requests to determine the problem was having both the US and CDN passports entered into the system during the renewal process; I removed the CDN passport info, paid for the renewal, then re-entered the info.

Thank you for this info ... I haven't tried yet, but will do so later tonight!

vn33 Aug 20, 2018 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by greglvnv (Post 30092534)

Thank you both for your hints ... I did just that and was able to make payment for my renewal.
Hopefully the approval will be quick so I can schedule for the interview for the whole family soon.

PWMTrav Aug 20, 2018 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by vn33 (Post 30107771)
Thank you both for your hints ... I did just that and was able to make payment for my renewal.
Hopefully the approval will be quick so I can schedule for the interview for the whole family soon.

It won't be too quick, if my experience is any indicator. I just renewed and it took exactly one month from application to approval. However, I was pleasantly surprised that I did not have to interview for the renewal despite moving across the country during that time, as well as having entered a European passport in addition to my US passport (that EU passport having not been on the old account because I didn't have a valid one at the time). My wife and daughter are both in process now. I assume my daughter won't need an interview since she's 6. It'd be kind of funny if my wife had to go.

Zi Bob Jun 12, 2021 5:52 pm

Did you need to enter a birth cert instead of the deleted Canada Passport?
And was it easy to re enter the info after you've paid?

Thanks!

Susan Camp Sep 19, 2021 7:45 am

Originally Posted by vn33 (Post 30106341)
Thank you for this info ... I haven't tried yet, but will do so later tonight!

I was unable to re enter my Canadian passport. It told me if I had to change anything I had to contact them. So I just let it go for now.

FXWizard Sep 19, 2021 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by Zi Bob (Post 33324081)
Did you need to enter a birth cert instead of the deleted Canada Passport?
And was it easy to re enter the info after you've paid?

Thanks!

Once my renewal was processed, I just re-entered the passport info I'd previously deleted.