Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Can a traffic infraction be grounds for Global Entry revocation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2018, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Hi. Was hit with a traffic ticket in NYC for disobeying a traffic device (as in going over a pavement line. if found guilty would be a fine and 2 points on DL). Clean driving record otherwise. Can this be enough to have my GE revoked [I already have GE]? I guess I'll have to wait and see but wondering if anyone with traffic tickets (infractions only) have had any issues retaining GE status. Thanks

Last edited by TurboTurtle; May 20, 2018 at 2:23 pm Reason: clarify issue
Old May 20, 2018, 2:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Anything can be a reason for denial. For this, it is more than highly unlikely unless there are facts which you are minimizing or if you have other convictions (whether termed convictions or not).

One thing which is important is to have a final disposition. You say "current traffic tickets". If you have not yet paid up, you may experience a delay until the matter is resolved (dismissed or paid). If you do pay, make sure you have a receipt showing the payment and final disposition.

Last edited by Often1; May 20, 2018 at 2:20 pm
Old May 20, 2018, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Agree with Often1 and from what has been posted here there appears to be a wide range of what has gotten the attention of DHS and therefore their agencies. On the surface I’d think this sounds like a relatively minor ticket that shouldn’t be an issue. Beats me what their triggers are but this doesn’t seem like a felony and sounds like a very minor traffic violation.

Last edited by Randyk47; May 21, 2018 at 4:30 am
Old May 21, 2018, 4:50 am
Aman Contributor Badge

I don’t believe NCIC/FBI get any reports of infractions, unlike misdeameanors/felonies, which is the main source of information CBP looks at for this stuff. Also, I do not believe the application even asks about them so nothing to worry about!
Old May 21, 2018, 5:52 am

Thanks. Since the Driver license information is in the GE account I suspect it is fairly easy for CBP to have a look at any GE member's driving record. When I applied in 2015 I already had a one year old traffic ticket on the record (my first and only) and they did not seem to care. That ticket is not on the record anymore. 4years later I'm hit with another one for a "catch all" dumb infraction. Curious if there are any NYC GE members out there with TVB issued tickets for infractions only.
Old May 21, 2018, 6:08 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by Cityflyer10
I don’t believe NCIC/FBI get any reports of infractions, unlike misdeameanors/felonies, which is the main source of information CBP looks at for this stuff. Also, I do not believe the application even asks about them so nothing to worry about!
Moving traffic violations are cataloged very well and have been for many years and are vastly superior to the quality of NCIC and other criminal history databases.

CBP most certainly has access to driving history and checks many government and commercial databases. This leads to one of the key delay / denial reasons for GE. When a database shows a charge being filed and no final disposition, there can be a hold up while the applicane is given the opportunity to obtain the documentation.

This problem routinely occurs with relatively minor offenses, diversion programs and non-jail sentences.
Old May 21, 2018, 6:49 am

Thanks. I am asking for a scenario in which someone (preferably from NYC) with a traffic infraction (TVB infraction, no felony or misdemeanor) who already has GE, had their GE revoked following paying a fine and getting a couple of points on their driving record. And a follow up question would be if going to court to contest the ticket is or is not favorable. Can one still use GE while waiting for the court date?

Last edited by DTB2013; May 21, 2018 at 7:27 am Reason: misspell
Old May 21, 2018, 7:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, AA EXP, UA Gold
I got a speeding ticket in NJ turnpike last year, had no issue renewing this year.
Old May 21, 2018, 7:28 am

Thanks. Did it go on your driving record and have you disclosed the ticket upon renewing GE?
Old May 21, 2018, 7:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, AA EXP, UA Gold
Originally Posted by DTB2013
Thanks. Did it go on your driving record and have you disclosed the ticket upon renewing GE?
yes it is on my driving record. There was no requirement for disclosing traffic tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.