Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

PreCheck - new home address, do I need to update before flying?

Old May 1, 18, 8:14 am
Original Poster

I am Pre and moved recently, do I need to update my permanent address with the TSA?
Old May 8, 18, 7:25 am
Original Poster

My wife and I are both PreCheck, we moved houses a few weeks ago, and are flying on Friday. Do we need to contact UES to update our home address before flying in order to not be rejected from getting PreCheck on Friday? Thanks!
Old May 8, 18, 8:25 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
It's always a good idea to update your personal information, however, I doubt that you will be denied the PreCheck designation on your boarding passes if you don't update your home address.
My personal information has changed. How do I update my information so that I can continue to receive TSA Pre✓?

If you are a member of theTSA Pre✓ Application Program, you may call (855) 347-8371 weekdays, between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m. ET, to make changes to your name, address, or other information contained in your records. You may also submit your inquiry online. You will be provided information regarding documentation needed to process the change.
Old May 8, 18, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Thanks. Sorry, I had no recollection of asking this question previously and did not intend to ask twice.
Old May 8, 18, 10:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Cool

You are required to update your address, but it won't result in your denial, at least as to a booked ticket.. Why not simply get it off your plate and not find out that there has been an unpleasant change?
Old May 8, 18, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
Why not simply get it off your plate and not find out that there has been an unpleasant change?
I'd rather not have to spend the afternoon on hold with UES if, practically speaking, I don't need to update my address until shortly before my PreCheck expires.
Old May 10, 18, 8:51 am
Original Poster

We did not update our home addresses and still got Pre for tomorrow's flights. I promise to update them very soon. Thanks for the input, all!

Search this Thread