What's a "Personal Key?" [Login.gov]

Old May 3, 18, 1:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: united, usair, delta, british
What's a "Personal Key?" [Login.gov]

I applied online a few weeks ago to renew my Global Entry, and I was in the US at the time. Today I got an email with a notice of change of status, but to sign onto the website, they want to send a code to my US phone, which is not able to receive texts in Europe where I am.

They will allow me to click on a link to sign in using a "personal key" but when I get to that page I am expected to enter this personal key, but I don't know what it is, and there are no instructions anywhere to be found. They do warn that you only get one shot at it.

Does anybody know anything about this?

Many thanks.
Old May 3, 18, 6:01 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
When migrating your account from GOES to login.gov you were shown a long alphanumeric 'personal key' which you were supposed to note down for your reference....
Old May 3, 18, 7:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
There’s also an option to have the six digit code sent via voicemail. Of course I don’t know if the system will call an out of country cell phone number. OP says his “US” phone so maybe.

I’d forgotten about the personal code but turns out I did a screen capture of both mine and my wife’s. Never have had to use it so it wasn’t something I remembered.
Old May 3, 18, 8:15 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
My login.gov account has a German cell number to receive the one-time security code. Problem is you can't change the phone number without logging in first...
Old May 3, 18, 8:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The key is only shown once. One must either copy it down or save a screen shot.

OP has a US mobile, so he should simply use the voicemail retrieval option on that phone.
Old May 3, 18, 9:01 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
When migrating your account from GOES to login.gov you were shown a long alphanumeric 'personal key' which you were supposed to note down for your reference....
Just found the PDF document that I saved when I created my Login.gov account:
Here is your personal key

This is the only way to regain access to your account if you lose your password or phone.

Write it down or print it out.

Generated on...

Search this Thread