Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

GlobalEntry at land border crossing: Mexico

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2018, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (Million Miler). AA Gold (lifetime 1 Million). TK Elite Gold

Hello, I couldn't find reference to this subject.
I have been using GlobalEntry for past 4 years, never having had a problem. All entries were by air.
Last week, on crossing from Mexico to USA at land border crossing, I presented my GlobalEntry card and US passport to SENTRI lane CBP Officer. I was red-flagged for secondary inspection because I had never activated my GlobalEntry card for land crossings. Aside from slight delay, no other issues encountered.
I was totally unaware that the GlobalEntry card needed to be specifically activated for land border crossings. Online, activation was fast and easy. Did I miss something about land border land crossing when I first got my GlobalEntry card 4 years ago?
Old Apr 15, 2018, 6:12 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Were you or foot or driving?

There used to be a requirement that the vehicle be registered. I'm not sure whether that's still the case.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 7:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (Million Miler). AA Gold (lifetime 1 Million). TK Elite Gold
Originally Posted by TWA884
Were you or foot or driving?

There used to be a requirement that the vehicle be registered. I'm not sure whether that's still the case.
On foot
Old Apr 15, 2018, 8:04 pm

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...sked-questions

How do I activate my Global Entry card prior to use at NEXUS/SENTRI lanes?
Activate your card within 30 days of receipt or you will be unable to use your card at the Trusted Traveler lanes. To activate your card, log into your GOES account. After you sign in, click on the Activate Membership Card button under the Program Membership(s) section on the Homepage.
(Yes, it still says GOES account rather than the new TTP website.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.