Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

GlobalEntry - OK to use in transit through USA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2018, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Hi,

I'm a non-US citizen flying through the US on an international-to-international connection, which I have not done before with GlobalEntry.

Is GlobalEntry usable for this purpose, and if so, what should be the "purpose of travel" as requested by the machine? (My purpose of travel in my final destination, Costa Rica, is tourism).

Thanks!
Old Mar 28, 2018, 6:03 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by KerryMLC
Hi,

I'm a non-US citizen flying through the US on an international-to-international connection, which I have not done before with GlobalEntry.

Is GlobalEntry usable for this purpose, and if so, what should be the "purpose of travel" as requested by the machine? (My purpose of travel in my final destination, Costa Rica, is tourism).

Thanks!
GlobalEntry members can use GE facilities to transit the US for “international-to-international” connection.

Purpose of trip is leisure, which includes transit for going to/from a leisure trip. If asked verbally, the response I would suggest: “transit for leisure/vacation”.

Old Mar 28, 2018, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Thanks very much!
Old Mar 28, 2018, 7:04 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
As there is no such thing as "transit" in the US, you will simply enter using GE as you would if you were terminating in the US. The "purpose" is only used for two purposes: statistics and to sometimes weed out those who may require a visa. That isn't you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.