Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

PreCheck Gone After Trusted Traveler Citizenship Update

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PreCheck Gone After Trusted Traveler Citizenship Update

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2018, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by srg078
Ironically, I never entered my middle initial when I was a Green Card holder and PreCheck would always work. But yeah, it worked after I became a US Citizen and gave them the new passport information, but not after I requested the replacement card.

Yup - I've tried the initial and full middle name with no luck.
Have you entered the country and used a Global Entry kiosk since you requested the card?

In other words, as a starting point, are you sure that your Global Entry benefits themselves are still functional?
Old Mar 6, 2018, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by Newbie2FT
Have you entered the country and used a Global Entry kiosk since you requested the card?

In other words, as a starting point, are you sure that your Global Entry benefits themselves are still functional?
My next international trip is in May, so hoping to get this squared away before then. According to CBP, everything is active and matches the information that I have though. They just don't know why PreCheck is not appearing.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 12:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Hi bocastephen -- any update on getting the correct information into your spouse's NEXUS profile and how you did it -- and whether your spouse now has PreCheck benefits working again?
Precheck is still not working, and their Trusted Traveler account is a complete mess - all new documents were uploaded, however the account is now locked for changes until their Nexus renewal interview which we will do in May or June. I'm hopeful that once at the interview, both sides (Nexus and GE) can get all of the documents sorted out or even get a new number or a GE card and we will base precheck off the GE card instead of the Nexus number.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Precheck is still not working, and their Trusted Traveler account is a complete mess - all new documents were uploaded, however the account is now locked for changes until their Nexus renewal interview which we will do in May or June. I'm hopeful that once at the interview, both sides (Nexus and GE) can get all of the documents sorted out or even get a new number or a GE card and we will base precheck off the GE card instead of the Nexus number.
So have you/your spouse completed your spouse's NEXUS renewal application on the TTP website? If so, did you have the opportunity to enter correct citizenship documents (the spouse's US passport)?

Also, it sounds like you may be thinking of applying for both NEXUS and Global Entry for your spouse. But anyone who receives membership in one program will be ejected from the other program (membership in it will be cancelled).

See this thread about that issue:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trus...e-renewed.html

NEXUS includes Global Entry benefits. NEXUS members receive a NEXUS card.

If the two of you spend a lot of time in Toronto (YYZ is listed as one of your locations), then you probably want to keep NEXUS for both of you instead of Global Entry.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
So have you/your spouse completed your spouse's NEXUS renewal application on the TTP website? If so, did you have the opportunity to enter correct citizenship documents (the spouse's US passport)?

Also, it sounds like you may be thinking of applying for both NEXUS and Global Entry for your spouse. But anyone who receives membership in one program will be ejected from the other program (membership in it will be cancelled).

See this thread about that issue:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trus...e-renewed.html

NEXUS includes Global Entry benefits. NEXUS members receive a NEXUS card.

If the two of you spend a lot of time in Toronto (YYZ is listed as one of your locations), then you probably want to keep NEXUS for both of you instead of Global Entry.
Yes, the renewal application was done with the correct documents online - need to wait for the interview before everything can be sorted out as the account is a mess. They do not have a separate GE account, it comes with Nexus, but we might ask them to start over with a new account number or profile to fix the mess that was started by the nitwit who works the reception desk at YVR
Newbie2FT likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:37 pm

I recently got naturalized as well so congratulations to your spouse!

Looking back at the thread, it seems that the update should've been done at a NEXUS enrollment center rather than a GE office. I've had similar warnings given to me at my interview when I informed them I was getting naturalized soon. Apparently the database and system they have in place for NEXUS is wonky as hell.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Thank you - looks like a few errors there. Citizenship is showing as Taiwan, but the US passport is shown as a document to enter the USA. The drivers license is missing completely. Of course I don't know what was in there before when precheck was actually working.
When you looked at the TTP system back in January to see the errors in place from that bad visit to the YVR NEXUS office, do you happen to remember if your spouse's green card was still listed in the system? In other words, did the front desk employee fail to remove it?

(I'm trying to figure out the common theme with the incidents in the other thread -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trus...procedure.html )
Old Mar 22, 2018, 12:13 am

My pre check was also gone after becoming US citizen. I went to the global entry office in LAX to update my information. Once that was done, my pre check have never came back. I went to the NEXUS enrollment center in YVR to make sure everything was correct. I was not seen by a officer. The receptionist assisted me, and he said everything looks good. Still, no pre check to this day.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by benny08
<snip> I went to the NEXUS enrollment center in YVR to make sure everything was correct. I was not seen by a officer. The receptionist assisted me, and he said everything looks good. Still, no pre check to this day.
That's the exact situation I discuss in my post in the LPR to citizen thread:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trus...l#post29506896

The takeaway lesson is to not trust the NEXUS office front desk clerk (especially at YVR!) to take care of the changes.

Insist on seeing the CBSA and CBP officers, allow plenty of time, make sure that they remove the old permanent residence status and PR/LPR documents and update your citizenship, and then check the TTP system on your phone before you leave the office.

Besides PreCheck, is your US passport still scannable at Global Entry kiosks (either in the US or at Canadian pre-clearance airports)? And is your NEXUS card still scannable in NEXUS kiosks? (I assume your old one was confiscated and you were issued a new one listing US as your citizenship?)

Last edited by Newbie2FT; Mar 22, 2018 at 12:26 am
Old Mar 22, 2018, 12:43 am

That's the exact situation I discuss in my post in the LPR to citizen thread:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trus...l#post29506896

The takeaway lesson is to not trust the NEXUS office front desk clerk (especially at YVR!) to take care of the changes.

Insist on seeing the CBSA and CBP officers, allow plenty of time, make sure that they remove the old permanent residence status and PR/LPR documents and update your citizenship, and then check the TTP system on your phone before you leave the office.

Besides PreCheck, is your US passport still scannable at Global Entry kiosks (either in the US or at Canadian pre-clearance airports)? And is your NEXUS card still scannable in NEXUS kiosks? (I assume your old one was confiscated and you were issued a new one listing US as your citizenship?)
My passport works at GE kiosk. I got a new NEXUS card, but I haven't use it since becoming US citizen. I don't travel to Canada as often as I used to, maybe twice a year now?Everything in my profile looks correct, except my driver's license which is expired and no matter how many times I try to update it, it won't update.

So..... go back to a NEXUS enrollment center, and insist on seeing a CBSA and CBP officer?
Old Mar 22, 2018, 5:57 pm

My passport works at GE kiosk. I got a new NEXUS card, but I haven't use it since becoming US citizen. I don't travel to Canada as often as I used to, maybe twice a year now?Everything in my profile looks correct, except my driver's license which is expired and no matter how many times I try to update it, it won't update.

So..... go back to a NEXUS enrollment center, and insist on seeing a CBSA and CBP officer?
That appears to be the best course of action, based on others who've encountered this situation.
Old May 6, 2018, 1:46 pm

They are finally acknowledging this is a known issue!! Nobody wants to take responsibility, other than blaming each other (TSA and CBP)

We are contacting you to provide an update on your issue concerning TSA Pre✓®.

TSA has been working with Customs and Border Protection’s Trusted Traveler Program Office and have determined that Global Entry members who have changed or updated their citizenship since joining are now being deemed ineligible for TSA Pre✓®. While we have not yet determined the exact cause, we know that new citizenship status updates are not being properly transmitted when making a reservation.

We understand the frustration this technical issue is causing and we are still working hard to develop a solution. We will continue to provide status updates every couple of weeks until the issue has been resolved.

We appreciate your patience.

TSA Contact Center

NOTICE: The information contained in this message and any attachments is privileged and confidential and therefore protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent who is responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Senture does not accept liability for changes to this message after it was sent. The views expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect the views of the company. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying via e-mail to this message and deleting this information from your computer.
Old May 6, 2018, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

They are finally acknowledging this is a known issue!! Nobody wants to take responsibility, other than blaming each other (TSA and CBP)

We are contacting you to provide an update on your issue concerning TSA Pre✓®.

TSA has been working with Customs and Border Protection’s Trusted Traveler Program Office and have determined that Global Entry members who have changed or updated their citizenship since joining are now being deemed ineligible for TSA Pre✓®. While we have not yet determined the exact cause, we know that new citizenship status updates are not being properly transmitted when making a reservation.

We understand the frustration this technical issue is causing and we are still working hard to develop a solution. We will continue to provide status updates every couple of weeks until the issue has been resolved.

We appreciate your patience.

TSA Contact Center

NOTICE: The information contained in this message and any attachments is privileged and confidential and therefore protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent who is responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Senture does not accept liability for changes to this message after it was sent. The views expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect the views of the company. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying via e-mail to this message and deleting this information from your computer.
While this is at least a decent explanation of what is causing the problem, the question remains can this issue be resolved when renewing Nexus/GE and flushing out old documents?
Old Sep 1, 2019, 6:57 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, UA Mileage Plus, IHG Rewards Club
Had Global Entry with a green card, now a US citizen. Did not get Pre-Check 2/4 times

I applied for Global Entry when I was holding a green card, and I’m now a US citizen with a US passport. I updated my Global Entry with my US passport, but since then, I didn’t get Pre-Check on my international flights.

My SFO-PPT flight on United was without Pre-Check, and now my JFK-DOH flight with QR doesn’t have Pre-Check.

My JFK-SFO with JetBlue flight had Pre-Check, while my LAX-JFK flight on AA also had Pre-Check.

It seems that my international flights involving my US passport now have issues getting Pre-Check. I’ve tried going to Global Entry’s office and also contacted TSA Pre-Check but to no avail getting this resolved.

Am I just very unlucky, or how else could I get this resolved?
Old Sep 1, 2019, 8:02 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Hello @Quarantine,

It's a known issue.

I went ahead and merged your question into the relevant thread; please take a look at @benny08's post above.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator

P.S. You may also want to review this thread: LPR to Citizen - Proper Global Entry / NEXUS Update Procedure

Last edited by TWA884; Sep 1, 2019 at 8:08 pm Reason: Add information

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.