Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment Centers Closed due to US Government Shutdown

Global Entry Enrollment Centers Closed due to US Government Shutdown

Old Jan 13, 19, 4:55 pm

As far as I can tell, the only interviews happening during the shutdown are the ones at re-entry from an international flight. Even those are hit-or-miss.
Old Jan 13, 19, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by pmiranda View Post
Has anyone had success with a regularly scheduled GE interview during the shutdown?
Has anyone had success with getting conditional approval for GE during the shutdown? And from there, scheduling and doing an interview?
​​​​​
Old Jan 13, 19, 6:09 pm

Programs: United, Amtrak, BonVoy, Global Entry
I have applied online, paid, received conditional approval, and scheduled my interview since the partial shutdown. My husband has as well. Hoping shutdown is resolved by the time of my appointment in February.
wallyt1215 likes this.
Old Jan 13, 19, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by jb64 View Post
I have applied online, paid, received conditional approval, and scheduled my interview since the partial shutdown. My husband has as well. Hoping shutdown is resolved by the time of my appointment in February.
Great, thanks for the info.

Do you remember the exact dates? Application, conditional approval, interview date?

Dang, can the shutdown really go until February? My sis has an appointment 1/26 which is why I wanted to also do mine at the same time.
Old Jan 13, 19, 9:01 pm

Programs: United, Amtrak, BonVoy, Global Entry
Originally Posted by wallyt1215 View Post

Do you remember the exact dates? Application, conditional approval, interview date?

Dang, can the shutdown really go until February? My sis has an appointment 1/26 which is why I wanted to also do mine at the same time.
applied last weekend, conditional approval when I checked today. I scheduled for February 9th but there were some earlier dates available at IAD
wallyt1215 likes this.
Old Jan 13, 19, 9:22 pm

Niiice, hopeful for mine too then if you got that all done in the middle of the shutdown. Thanks for the helpful reply.
jb64 likes this.

As far as I can tell, the only interviews happening during the shutdown are the ones at re-entry from an international flight. Even those are hit-or-miss.
Newark re-entry interviews were not operational yesterday.

Newark re-entry interviews were not operational yesterday.
Old Jan 14, 19, 8:36 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Wife and I submitted our applications just before the shutdown, mine went in a couple days prior to hers. Wife's shows conditional approval today. Nothing yet on mine.
GoodFastOrCheap likes this.
Old Jan 14, 19, 9:36 pm

Wow! That's a bummer. I'm flying into Seattle tomorrow and was hoping to do a walk up interview. Anyone know if they're still operational at SEATAC?
Old Jan 15, 19, 10:06 am

my scheduled interview was cancelled. I didnt even get one of those email notices. My interview was cancelled with only a summary of the cancellation request on the CBP website....which I didnt submit :-(
Old Jan 15, 19, 4:12 pm

I submitted a GE application last week for my daughter, conditional approval today, scheduled an interview for Jan 30 in San Diego - I hope it doesn't get cancelled.

Has anyone had their GE interview at SAN airport during the shutdown?
Old Jan 15, 19, 4:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold; SPG Plat; HH Diamond; IHG Spire; RR Concierge
A member of our party successfully completed Enrollment on Arrival at ORD today.

The CBP Officer stated it had only reopened on Sunday, but should be maintained going forward.

The officer also claimed that Global Entry will now be cancelling all appointments (rather than daily), and that only Enrollment on Arrival will remain for now.

Last edited by dakaix; Jan 15, 19 at 4:38 pm
Old Jan 15, 19, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, UA Premier, Southwest A-List, Alaska MVP Gold
Lucky you

Originally Posted by jb64 View Post
Wow, you have some great luck. I applied and paid in early November. Still don't have conditional approval. My PreCheck expires Feb 4th, and I was really hoping to have GE approval before then. SMH
Old Jan 16, 19, 11:48 am

Has anyone had success with getting conditional approval for GE during the shutdown? And from there, scheduling and doing an interview?
​​​​​
it seems a tiny number of people are getting conditionally approved. My guess is some centers are working but most arenít. Itís maybe 10% of people at most who applied after 12/21 have been conditionally approved. The vast majority have not

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: