Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

TTP - Trusted Traveler Programs Website -Info, Help, Bugs & Glitches

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 1, 2022, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: drewguy

CBP offers online support for various questions. From the website:

Get Help On-line

Send us an email through our support portal at https://help.cbp.gov/s/questions?language=en_US. To ensure a faster response, please be sure to select "Trusted Traveler Programs" as your primary topic and then the subtopic that most closely describes your question.

Technical Problems?

If you are reporting a technical problem with the Trusted Traveler Programs website, please provide as much information as possible about the problem you are experiencing, including:
  • Your Login.gov email address or Membership Number/PASSID
  • The screen name that you were accessing when the problem occurred
  • The error message text
  • Screen print images would also be helpful.
Print Wikipost

TTP - Trusted Traveler Programs Website -Info, Help, Bugs & Glitches

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2017, 8:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Randyk47
After several tries over the past couple of weeks, and submitting a bug report, I just now finally got my expiration date changed on my driver’s license. Went through without any problem this time. ^
Got to talking to wife and realized our driver’s licenses are both on the same six year cycle. Just a minute ago went into the TTP site and accessed her account and documents. Pleasantly we were able to update her expiration date without any problems so they indeed seem to have fixed that bug. We’re good to go with GE now for a couple of years as it will expire before we get new passports or renew driver’s licenses.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 1:49 pm

I have my interview on Friday and the issue and expiry dates on my passports are out by 1 day. Also my employer details seem to not have transferred correctly from the old system.

I've just dropped CBP an email but it said 10-15 business days so I definitely wont get a response before my interview.

Has anyone experienced this problem yet? most seem to be already fully approved when they notice the issues with the new system
Old Oct 14, 2017, 8:47 pm

Ditto for my document updates.

Though the whole TFA text message thing is annoying.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 9:19 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by RandomNobody
Though the whole TFA text message thing is annoying.
It’s also not particularly secure; it seems you can assign *any* phone number to receive text messages. Certainly not the ideal implementation of 2FA...
Old Oct 15, 2017, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by ffsim
It’s also not particularly secure; it seems you can assign *any* phone number to receive text messages. Certainly not the ideal implementation of 2FA...
Seems to me, and I haven’t tried, but once your account including the number is established you can only change it by having the code sent to that number so you can get to your profile. That seems pretty secure since if somebody hacked my ID and passcode it would send the six digit code to my phone and they’d be stumped. ????
Old Oct 15, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Randyk47
Seems to me, and I haven’t tried, but once your account including the number is established you can only change it by having the code sent to that number so you can get to your profile. That seems pretty secure since if somebody hacked my ID and passcode it would send the six digit code to my phone and they’d be stumped. ????
Sure, but during the registration process you can give the website *any* phone number, not necessarily yours. So theoretically someone can set up your account using a number to which they have access, effectively locking you out from your own membership dashboard.

If you’re setting up a brand new account with the intent to start an application, this isn’t a problem because you’ll enter your own email address and phone number together when you set up the account. But in the case of those of us transferring from the old GOES system, we’re simply adding a phone number to an existing profile. That number doesn’t necessarily have to be yours, and that’s less than ideal.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by ffsim
Sure, but during the registration process you can give the website *any* phone number, not necessarily yours. So theoretically someone can set up your account using a number to which they have access, effectively locking you out from your own membership dashboard.

If you’re setting up a brand new account with the intent to start an application, this isn’t a problem because you’ll enter your own email address and phone number together when you set up the account. But in the case of those of us transferring from the old GOES system, we’re simply adding a phone number to an existing profile. That number doesn’t necessarily have to be yours, and that’s less than ideal.
But they also have to have your PassID if you’re setting up a new account for an existing GE enrollment.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 10:22 am

I just set up the new login. I take it I should wait a while to check information and to try to renew?

BTW, setup did not work on chrome (no place to fill in my profile), but did work on Internet explorer

On both chrome and firefox, when I log in, clicking my dashboard does nothing.

Last edited by richarddd; Oct 15, 2017 at 10:50 am
Old Oct 15, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by richarddd
I just set up the new login. I take it I should wait a while to check information and to try to renew?

BTW, setup did not work on chrome (no place to fill in my profile), but did work on Internet explorer

On both chrome and firefox, when I log in, clicking my dashboard does nothing.
Step 1: Create an ID using login.gov
Step 2: Connect that new ID to your Nexus/GE/whatever PASSID using the TTP web site.

There is no need to wait between step 1 and step 2. It can all be completed within just a few minutes from start to finish.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by mnbp
Step 1: Create an ID using login.gov
Step 2: Connect that new ID to your Nexus/GE/whatever PASSID using the TTP web site.

There is no need to wait between step 1 and step 2. It can all be completed within just a few minutes from start to finish.
Not on chrome or firefox, at least for me. Had to use internet explorer, which worked so that I could do fill in info and connect to my passid.

The question is whether to try to renew now. I'm hesitant in light of the spate of reported problems.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 6:50 am

Am I the only one who can't read my notification? I try to click on it but nothing happens.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by kilarney
Am I the only one who can't read my notification? I try to click on it but nothing happens.
I figured it out. I had to disable my pop up blocker.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 2:02 pm

Quick update from me:

I managed to get through to CBP on the phone (keep persisting) and they said they are aware of the issues (dates not being correct etc..). They are deploying fixes this weekend so the system should run properly next week. If you still have issues, drop them an email using their online form and then follow up with a call.

For those that have an interview before the fixes are deployed to the system; you just need your PASS ID rather that the conditional approval letter. If you can view the interview confirmation, it says all your details there and what you need to bring with you to the interview.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 7:06 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Coworker finished applying for NEXUS on the old site in September.
Trying to make an account on the new system.

Tried the recovery from GOES application via GOES user ID and didn't work (3 attempts, said data didn't match - he saved a PDF of his application right before submitting so he knows what he entered). Now the option is gone (intended behavior by FAQs on the GOES site).

GOES phone numbers listed on TTP site currently (at this moment) can't be completed as all circuits are busy.

When he called prior, told on a pre-recorded message that if the linkage doesn't work, then make a new login.gov account with a new email and try the linkage again... (didn't work).

Emailed them twice with detailed information on his application and information on it + GOES user ID and got responses that they were too busy to help.

So now he's in limbo, not knowing what the status of his NEXUS application is or if he can apply for an interview, and basically told by both email and phone support that neither will help him.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 12:55 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by phltraveler
Coworker finished applying for NEXUS on the old site in September.
Trying to make an account on the new system.

Tried the recovery from GOES application via GOES user ID and didn't work (3 attempts, said data didn't match - he saved a PDF of his application right before submitting so he knows what he entered). Now the option is gone (intended behavior by FAQs on the GOES site).

GOES phone numbers listed on TTP site currently (at this moment) can't be completed as all circuits are busy.

When he called prior, told on a pre-recorded message that if the linkage doesn't work, then make a new login.gov account with a new email and try the linkage again... (didn't work).

Emailed them twice with detailed information on his application and information on it + GOES user ID and got responses that they were too busy to help.

So now he's in limbo, not knowing what the status of his NEXUS application is or if he can apply for an interview, and basically told by both email and phone support that neither will help him.
Has your friend tried to call NEXUS?

All the Canadian Processing Centre with responsibility for residents of the United States:
800-842-7647 --- Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (Eastern Time)

Archived: The NEXUS Information Thread

Good luck and please let us know how he is able to resolve it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.