Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

TTP - Trusted Traveler Programs Website (replaced GOES)

TTP - Trusted Traveler Programs Website (replaced GOES)

Old Oct 4, 17, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by TWA884 View Post
I saved it as a PDF document and emailed a copy to myself, so I have it on my computer's hard drive, the portable external hard drive where I backup my data and my Gmail inbox.
You realise that this is what passphrase managers were designed to solve, right?
Old Oct 4, 17, 11:15 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Originally Posted by toph3r View Post
You realise that this is what passphrase managers were designed to solve, right?
If you use those, which I don't, but that's a discussion for the Travel Technology forum.

[with my moderator's hat on]

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

[moderator's hat off]
Old Oct 4, 17, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA
Data point
I was able to create an account and finish the application process without an issue. The SMS confirmation arrived in a reasonable time frame. Based on the posts here, I disabled ad blocker, as well as http referral blocker, during signing up and renewing process. However, I was able to sign in and navigate around without an issue with both ad blocker and referral blocker enabled.
Old Oct 4, 17, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Just heard about this via a friend. I have an active GE membership that just renewed...is there any reason I actually need to (or should) set up an account in the new website right away? Kind of want to give it some time for them to work out remaining bugs.

OTOH, Mrs. Lee is in the process of renewing her GE - has conditional approval and waiting on an appointment. I guess I'll need to walk her through it...
Old Oct 4, 17, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Closing the loop on my comment from yesterday, it appears that despite the server error message, my information was successfully saved. I just accessed my profile today and it is all there. It looks like at least SOME of the kinks may be worked out.

Originally Posted by TWA884 View Post
If you use those, which I don't, but that's a discussion for the Travel Technology forum.

[with my moderator's hat on]

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

[moderator's hat off]
Not so much engaging in a discussion about the merits/uses of passphrase managers and which are the best, etc., but the previous poster did provide a good recommendation relevant to the content in this thread that a passphrase manager is a good tool for storing such long and complex (and apparently VERY important) codes.

Originally Posted by toph3r View Post
And I was about to say that I, too, entered this code into my passphrase manager. A more accessible and secure option than keeping a random hard copy of it somewhere, should the need ever arise to use that code to access the TTP site.
Rare and toph3r like this.
Old Oct 4, 17, 4:55 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, LH, MR TIT, IHG GLD
I just registered with the new website and everything went smoothly. My scheduled interview is unchanged on the website.

However, I am trying to print the conditional approval letter to take it with me to the interview and I can't find any where on the website to retrieve it and print it like in the old version of the website!! Anyone can help on how to retrieve the conditional approval letter from the website and to print it?
Old Oct 4, 17, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer View Post
I just registered with the new website and everything went smoothly. My scheduled interview is unchanged on the website.

However, I am trying to print the conditional approval letter to take it with me to the interview and I can't find any where on the website to retrieve it and print it like in the old version of the website!! Anyone can help on how to retrieve the conditional approval letter from the website and to print it?
Do you see it in the "Notifications" section on the dashboard?
Old Oct 5, 17, 1:57 am

All, there's now an option for you to retrieve your passid using your goes account ID. Glad I waited a couple of days and didn't call them for it.
Old Oct 5, 17, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by cocoanibs View Post
All, there's now an option for you to retrieve your passid using your goes account ID. Glad I waited a couple of days and didn't call them for it.
Yes, finally! And it works beautifully!

Funny thing is that my application was pending, and I refresh the page by mistake ( i usually do not refresh the gov websites), and boom, it now says "conditionally approved"! And there were spots for today PM and tomorrow for my interview!.

I am happy with this new system!
Old Oct 5, 17, 3:22 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hyatt, IHG cards
I got into Login.gov and linked my GOES ID earlier today and it loaded my recently-conditionally-approved application smoothly.

My ideal location (Long Beach Seaport in the Los Angeles area) was fully booked when I had previously looked, but I saw several openings...presumably new appointment slots they had just added. I picked one up and I have an interview next week!

In the last two hours, five weeks' worth of those new slots have been taken. There are still some Nov 2017 openings, though.
Old Oct 5, 17, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by cocoanibs View Post
ugh. tells me my GOES ID doesn't match the account info.
Old Oct 5, 17, 5:39 pm

Does anyone know how to retrieve an application when I didn't receive either a PASSID or GOES ID? The only numbers I received after I paid for the application were a credit card authorization code and a GOES payment tracking ID. Neither of these work when I try to put them in the GOES ID field.
Old Oct 5, 17, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by hamcentral View Post
Does anyone know how to retrieve an application when I didn't receive either a PASSID or GOES ID? The only numbers I received after I paid for the application were a credit card authorization code and a GOES payment tracking ID. Neither of these work when I try to put them in the GOES ID field.
OK so my GOES ID is the username I used from the previous website. That's just my email address. When I put this in the field I get an error saying my GOES ID is not found. Anyone had this happen?
Old Oct 5, 17, 5:44 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hyatt, IHG cards
Originally Posted by hamcentral View Post
Try checking your email for a message called "PROD-GOES - User Enrollment" and look for "User ID" in the body. I selected my GOES screenname early on during my online application.

Assuming you applied online (and not in person or by mail or something) I'm not sure how you couldn't have a GOES ID.

Edit: I see your 3:41 and 3:55 posts and unfortunately don't know how to help further.

Last edited by CarefulBuilder14; Oct 5, 17 at 5:58 pm
Old Oct 5, 17, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by CarefulBuilder14 View Post
Try checking your email for a message called "PROD-GOES - User Enrollment" and look for "User ID" in the body. I selected my GOES screenname early on during my online application.

Assuming you applied online (and not in person or by mail or something) I'm not sure how you couldn't have a GOES ID.
Ah, I did find that and tried to use it but it tells me the GOES ID doesn't match my profile. I copied the ID right from their email. This is madness.

Search this Thread