Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

TTP - Trusted Traveler Programs Website -Info, Help, Bugs & Glitches

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 1, 2022, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: drewguy

CBP offers online support for various questions. From the website:

Get Help On-line

Send us an email through our support portal at https://help.cbp.gov/s/questions?language=en_US. To ensure a faster response, please be sure to select "Trusted Traveler Programs" as your primary topic and then the subtopic that most closely describes your question.

Technical Problems?

If you are reporting a technical problem with the Trusted Traveler Programs website, please provide as much information as possible about the problem you are experiencing, including:
  • Your Login.gov email address or Membership Number/PASSID
  • The screen name that you were accessing when the problem occurred
  • The error message text
  • Screen print images would also be helpful.
Print Wikipost

TTP - Trusted Traveler Programs Website -Info, Help, Bugs & Glitches

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2017, 10:19 pm

Thumbs down

Login.gov was useless today. Encountered a number of different types of errors, using both Firefox and Chrome, while trying to create an account.

The most unusual was, after entering a phone number for the mandatory two-factor authentication, the system simply dumps back to the email/password login screen -- but in French!

It also happened a second time, but reverted back to the login screen in Spanish.

Other errors included apparently not accepting an email address for account creation (the account creation process page just refreshes itself with a blank field or a generic error message), and non-existent or non-informative error messages after trying to log in with email address and password (that is, trying to determine whether account creation had actually been successful) and getting dumped back at the log in screen.

I sure hope they improve it soon!

Last edited by Newbie2FT; Oct 2, 2017 at 10:30 pm
Old Oct 3, 2017, 6:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Set mine up yesterday with some difficulty but got through it eventually. Set my wife up this morning and it went right straight through without any hiccups or issues.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 7:12 am

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
Trying to use the toll-free number 855-873-4637 but it says that my call can not be completed at this time and I should try again later.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
what a cluster. how about having a simple frigging way to retrive your GOES info?
People in-process don't have their friggin PassIDs handy.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
I got a reply:
Please note that if you do not know your PASSID number, we are working on an IT solution to allow you to link your account through your GOES User ID or other information. Please allow 1-2 business days for this to be implemented and deployed. You do not need to access your account unless you are already a member with pending travel plans. You do not need conditional approval letters for interviews. If you go to your interview, the officer interviewing you can provide you your PASSID.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:04 am

Lessons learned in the past 48 hours using the New Trusted Traveler Programs website

As I mentioned when I first checked in on the new Global Entry platform my date of birth appeared wrong in the Manage Profile tab, however it appeared correct in the Account Profile screen as well as when clicking to update the passport information.

Here are other surprises:

- yesterday, logging in through my smartphone I discovered my date of birth was correct throughout the system (Manage Profile, Account Profile, etc.).

- this morning, logging in from my computer at home using Chrome Web Browser - the date of birth appeared correct everywhere as well.

- this morning, logging in from my work computer on Chrome - the date of birth appeared once again incorrect in Manage Profile.

-logging in from my work computer on Internet Explorer - the date of birth appeared correct throughout the system.

I keep saving screenshots with these discrepancies. If it were a minor error I wouldn't worry but it is after all the DOB (which by the way is one day wrong, e.g. appears as 13 instead of 14).

Overall at least in my case logging in through my smartphone is a smoother experience. The computer login sometimes sends me to the Spanish language page, or does not move to the Security Code page.

I wonder what other kind of errors flyertalk members get.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by entropy
what a cluster. how about having a simple frigging way to retrive your GOES info?
People in-process don't have their friggin PassIDs handy.
Guess what, this is what I got after I requested membership number/passid through their messaging system. Hope they figured this out pretty soon

Thank you for contacting the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Information Center.

To migrate your data from the old GOES to the new TTP system please go to https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov and select the option that best applies to you from the homepage.

You will be prompted to create a login.gov account (if you don't already have one), and to provide biographical information and the PASSID/membership number from your application or membership. You can find this number on your letters from CBP or on the back of your card (9 digits before SC). If it matches what is in our system the migration will be successful.

Please note that if you do not know your PASSID number, we are working on an IT solution to allow you to link your account through your GOES User ID or other information. Please allow 1-2 business days for this to be implemented and deployed. You do not need to access your account unless you are already a member with pending travel plans. You do not need conditional approval letters for interviews. If you go to your interview, the officer interviewing you can provide you your PASSID.

If you need further assistance, please reply to this email and we will investigate how we may further assist you.

Thank you again for contacting the CBP Information Center.

** Manage your Trusted Traveler Membership (GE, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST, APEC) through the TTP System at https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov/

** Information about all of our programs can be found at www.globalentry.gov

***https://www.dhs.gov/trusted-traveler-programs
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by MCI777
Trying to use the toll-free number 855-873-4637 but it says that my call can not be completed at this time and I should try again later.
I spent whole my yesterday on the phone re-dialing that and 202 number, and was no go.

Apparently they are trying to deploy an update to retrieve old goes account.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
I successfully created my account, authenticated my email and mobile number, and verified my PASSID. Of course, when I went to put in my personal information and submit, I kept getting server errors (please try again in a few minutes). After 4-5 attempts over a half hour or so, I just closed it down.

Will try again later on a different browser (Chrome first time).
Old Oct 3, 2017, 1:13 pm

Programs: AC, WN, Nexus
Originally Posted by TurboTurtle
A
I keep saving screenshots with these discrepancies. If it were a minor error I wouldn't worry but it is after all the DOB (which by the way is one day wrong, e.g. appears as 13 instead of 14).
I wouldn't worry too much about the birthdate issue at this point. I expect that both this and the problem with appointment times are caused by the same mishandling of time zones. The software is clearly a mess.
TWA884 likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I just set up a new account there in order to enter my new DL expiration date - worked fine! I am a bit concerned about losing the 16-digit key as they made such a big deal of it.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 1:29 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I just set up a new account there in order to enter my new DL expiration date - worked fine! I am a bit concerned about losing the 16-digit key as they made such a big deal of it.
I saved it as a PDF document and emailed a copy to myself, so I have it on my computer's hard drive, the portable external hard drive where I backup my data and my Gmail inbox.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 4:29 pm

Thanks to the experiences shared on this thread, I was able to call and get the PASS ID this morning for an application that was already submitted and paid for on the old website (GOES) but in "pending review" status. Getting through was the tough part (I had to redial a dozen times just to get into the hold queue, which was 20+ callers and maybe 30-40 minutes on hold). The rep was very friendly and helpful, and for my part I've had no issues with login.gov (other than there rather clunky security measures) and even the confirmation SMS's came through quickly for me today.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 4:59 pm

Got my new login setup. Had to do it in Edge after Chrome and Safari wouldn't load into the profile page.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 6:25 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Bizarrely, everything now seems to be fine on both my work computer and my smartphone when accessing the new site (used to just keep refreshing to the login page on anything other than my phone). I wonder how much alpha/beta/uat testing they did before this was rolled out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.