Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Panama FastPass Program for US citizens

Old Sep 2, 17, 6:01 pm
Original Poster

Just a few notes here on my experience enrolling in Panama's FastPass program. All Panamanians, as well as US citizens who already have Global Entry are both eligible for Panama's trusted traveler program (unfortunately, it's only for those two nationalities, so Canadians and other Global Entry holders are not presently eligible). The best part is that it's 100% free.

I had a long layover in Panama City, so I found the FastPass office tucked away in a corner on the first floor of the airport (before you leave the security area). The officers were helpful and polite, and the entire process took less than ten minutes. They took my fingerprints, looked at my passport and Global Entry card, entered my info into a computer, and that was that. I'm not sure what they would have done if I had not had my Global Entry card with me. Also, I'm not sure whether or not there are English-speakers in the office.

Since I had time, I tested it on the automated kiosks at passport control half a hour after enrolling. The kiosk recognized my passport and my fingerprints with no problems. The machines give you a paper slip to show immigration officers at passport control when you leave Panama (in my case just a few hours later), since you don't get an exit stamp in your passport when you use FastPass.

One thing to beware of - Panama's official FastPass website is a disaster. It has an automated form to fill out and something about a $100 fee (and yes, it IS the official website I went to, not one posing to rip people off). The form, though, does not work,, and the fee is probably a remnant from when they were going to charge for the program; I guess they changed their mind. Anyhow, don't worry about the website, and don't worry about any fees - the program itself works great. Just show up at the office in the airport, and they'll take care of you.

EDIT: The non-functional website that I mention above seems to have been taken down. Also, permanent residents of Panama, not just Panamanian citizens are eligible. Finally, the (other) website does not mention that US citizens need to have Global Entry. From what I was told in Panama, GE is a requirement for US citizens who are not residents of Panama, and the the first thing they asked me for there was my GE card.

Last edited by Nexpoman; Sep 2, 17 at 9:33 pm

Search this Thread