Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Can a Mobile Passport Control receipt be used at the GE customs exit?

Old Aug 9, 17, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Hi! New to forum.

I have GE. What I'd like to know is if anyone knows can we use the Mobile Passport digital receipt at the GE customs exit kiosk? (I know you can obtain the MP digital receipt and opt not to use it and get the GE paper receipt at the GE kiosk, but that's not my question).

Does the GE kiosk receipt work/look differently than a receipt obtain at a non-GE kiosk? Say for whatever reason, I obtain a receipt at a non-GE kiosk, can I use it at GE customs exit kiosk?

Thanks for the help.
Old Aug 9, 17, 9:38 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT
Look for a Mobile Passport lane at customs exit (there is one a JFK T8). If none exist, you go to general lane.
Old Aug 10, 17, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply. I know there are separate lanes for each; regular, MP, and GE.

I'll have to experiment what I tried to ask on my next trip.
Old Aug 10, 17, 9:59 am

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Bombay Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
When I went through LAX last month, I was allowed to transit the GE customs lane with my mobile passport receipt.
Old Aug 10, 17, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Diplomatico View Post
When I went through LAX last month, I was allowed to transit the GE customs lane with my mobile passport receipt.
Oh excellent! In theory, we should be able to streamline the process even further by getting the MPC receipt while taxiing, and then skip all kiosks, and head straight for the GE customs lane, right? I like this!

Haven't used my GE yet because the first trip I had after getting GE was with a friend who didn't' have GE. So we used MPC, which was super fast at DFW anyway. Didn't wait in a single line.
Old Aug 10, 17, 12:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Does the MP receipt indicate that you have GE?
Old Aug 10, 17, 12:41 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Bombay Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Michael_12345678 View Post
Oh excellent! In theory, we should be able to streamline the process even further by getting the MPC receipt while taxiing, and then skip all kiosks, and head straight for the GE customs lane, right? I like this!

Haven't used my GE yet because the first trip I had after getting GE was with a friend who didn't' have GE. So we used MPC, which was super fast at DFW anyway. Didn't wait in a single line.
Well, you have to take your MPC receipt through the MPC line to scan the barcode. At LAX, I was the only person in that line so took about 30 secs.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Does the MP receipt indicate that you have GE?
Not for me since I no longer have GE.
Old Aug 10, 17, 3:07 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT

Well, you have to take your MPC receipt through the MPC line to scan the barcode. At LAX, I was the only person in that line so took about 30 secs.

Does LAX handle MPC different than JFK? At JFK T8, you can't just "head straight for the GE customs lane," you still have to present yourself at immigration inspection first where they scan the barcode before heading to baggage claim and customs.
Old Aug 11, 17, 9:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA, DL, LH, VX, HA
Sure would be nice.

FWIW, at IAD there now is no separate customs line - it's all handled before baggage claim (not sure how that works if you have things to declare, but I assume they've figured that out).

So it may be a good way to figure out which line is shorter and use that.
Old Aug 11, 17, 11:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting

Even with GE, there is generally no obvious indicator to the average MPC-user.
Old Aug 11, 17, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf View Post
Does LAX handle MPC different than JFK? At JFK T8, you can't just "head straight for the GE customs lane," you still have to present yourself at immigration inspection first where they scan the barcode before heading to baggage claim and customs.
Same procedure. I mentioned in my reply to Michael_12345678 that you still have to go through the MPC line to scan the barcode (I guess I should have said "the Immigration Line that is dedicated to MPC") prior to heading to customs.
Old Aug 15, 17, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Same procedure. I mentioned in my reply to Michael_12345678 that you still have to go through the MPC line to scan the barcode (I guess I should have said "the Immigration Line that is dedicated to MPC") prior to heading to customs.
Oh, ok. Thanks for the clarification. I was DFW recently, and my friend didn't have GE, so we both used MPC. When we got to the first check point, the MPC line was closed, and we were directed to pass through the GE kiosk area and just show our receipt to the GE kiosk agent. Then, when we got to the customs exit, there was the general line line, and a GE/crew line to the far right. I though maybe I could step over the GE/crew line if the regular line was long.

Anyway, seems you can't . Thanks everyone for the clarification.

Search this Thread