Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2018, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Enrollment on Arrival is a program operated by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to allow Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews upon arrival into the United States or when using CBP Preclearance facilities. The Enrollment on Arrival program eliminates the need for a Global Entry applicant to schedule an interview at an enrollment center to complete the application process.

When landing in an international terminal follow the signage directing you to CBP officers who can complete your Global Entry interview during your admissibility inspection. If you require assistance for your Global Entry interview because of a disability, immediately inform the interviewing CBP officer of your need for a reasonable modification or auxiliary aid or service to participate in the interview. For your planning purposes, please understand that if you use EoA and are requesting a modification, aid, or service at that time and an effective modification, aid, or service is not readily available, the interview may be scheduled for a later date.

To complete the interview via EoA, you must be in possession of the following documents:
  • A valid passport. If you travel using more than one passport, please bring them all to the interview so that the information can be added to your file.
  • Documents providing evidence of residency. Examples are: driver's license (if the address is current), mortgage statement, rental payment statement, utility bill, etc. This is not required for minors.
  • A permanent resident card (if applicable).

Enrollment on Arrival Locations
Print Wikipost

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:48 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note: Topic Drift

Folks,

This thread is about the logistics and procedures of completing the Global Entry enrollment interview upon arrival into the United States. Pursuant to FlyerTalk Rule 5, please stay on topic and confine your remarks as close as possible to this topic.

For indexing and future search purposes, if you wish to discuss to discuss issues with fingerprints, we have several threads on that topic, including the following:
Thank you,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Jul 3, 2019, 9:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by vanillabean
We recently flew CDG-SFO. My wife went into the GE line for the first time since getting approved and was surprised having to be fingerprinted and photographed apart from the expected passport scan. But at least she didn’t have wait in a second line to speak with a staff person.

She seems to remember a sign for enrollment on arrival, but it wasn’t at all obvious. At the time, I was still in the pending review limbo, and I’m now glad I didn’t get a chance to be objected to the apparently dreadful procedure. It looks like quite the mess for some of you.
I think I’ve read that some CBP agents don’t show it but when I got mine there was a short video on how to use the kiosk. Clearly explained and showed the finger print and photo procedure. I assume that’s to make sure you and the person on the passport are one and the same.

Old Jul 3, 2019, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884
Folks,

This thread is about the logistics and procedures of completing the Global Entry enrollment interview upon arrival into the United States. Pursuant to FlyerTalk Rule 5, please stay on topic and confine your remarks as close as possible to this topic.

For indexing and future search purposes, if you wish to discuss to discuss issues with fingerprints, we have several threads on that topic, including the following:
In my case it was not clear that it did not read the fingerprint correctly since they seemed OK initially but she asked me to redo them later in the process, as she did with my photo. I think she either didn't know what she was doing or the system was acting up.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 4:09 am

Programs: BA GGL, Lufthansa Senator
First time poster long time lurking...

I have Global Entry (had my interview in the Singapore embassy as it was hard to get slots in London at the time).

I have applied for the wife and 2 kids and want to do the interview on arrival in JFK T7 when we land off a BA flight next week.

Has anyone had the experience and know which queue to go in? you know what it is like when you land and have the stampede..... We are in First so will get off the plane early.

Signage is not usually great. Anyone who has had the experience able to provide some advice to make the process easier for us?

Many thanks.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 8:12 am

P2 finally approved, BTW.
Conditionally approved back in April.
Used Upon Arrival in ATL on 6/18/19.
Was not instantly approved.
After multiple calls, finally approved (no email) on 7/3/19.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 9:45 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by madcal
First time poster long time lurking...

I have Global Entry (had my interview in the Singapore embassy as it was hard to get slots in London at the time).

I have applied for the wife and 2 kids and want to do the interview on arrival in JFK T7 when we land off a BA flight next week.

Has anyone had the experience and know which queue to go in? you know what it is like when you land and have the stampede..... We are in First so will get off the plane early.

Signage is not usually great. Anyone who has had the experience able to provide some advice to make the process easier for us?

Many thanks.
According to the CBP web page linked in the wiki post at the top of the thread: "John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) - Terminal Seven British Airways, Booth #1 , 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m."
Old Jul 5, 2019, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by luv2vacay
P2 finally approved, BTW.
Conditionally approved back in April.
Used Upon Arrival in ATL on 6/18/19.
Was not instantly approved.
After multiple calls, finally approved (no email) on 7/3/19.
I did mine on the 24th and am still waiting even though I was given no indication that I was not approved at the time of the interview (in fact, the website still wants me to make an appointent).. What did they tell you when you called? I may have to do that next week.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by MisterBill
I did mine on the 24th and am still waiting even though I was given no indication that I was not approved at the time of the interview (in fact, the website still wants me to make an appointent).. What did they tell you when you called? I may have to do that next week.
So for me, when I called, got an officer right away, and he put me on hold and then came back and asked for the full name and Pass ID.
Then he asked me what did I answer to the interviewer about whether this was for business or personal (which I was NOT asked for by the interviewer, BTW).
So I said Personal (which is true) and then he said I should get an email in 24 hours. About 3-4 hours later, I logged in and saw I was approved. Never got an email.

P2 called and had to give full name and Pass ID and then was told that he should get an email in 24-48 hours and that the person would approve it.
A week later, still no email and not approved.
Called again, was told to call back the next day.
The next day, checked online and it was approved.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 12:46 pm

So for me, when I called, got an officer right away, and he put me on hold and then came back and asked for the full name and Pass ID.
Then he asked me what did I answer to the interviewer about whether this was for business or personal (which I was NOT asked for by the interviewer, BTW).
So I said Personal (which is true) and then he said I should get an email in 24 hours. About 3-4 hours later, I logged in and saw I was approved. Never got an email.
What number did you call? I called the CBP help line at 800-237-5511 and when I selected the TTP/GE option, it told me to submit it online. I listened further and selected and option and it still did not give me an option to talk to someone. Tried calling the JFK processing center and got a recording. Called the Buffalo center (next on the list) and got put on hold and eventually got tired of waiting.

I submitted an email request but they said it can take 10-15 days for a response.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 3:55 pm

So I got a surprisingly fast response and it sees to confirm my fear that the agent who did my interview screwed something up unless someone in the office is supposed to do something after the interview and hasn't bothered to.

Thank you for contacting the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Information Center.

Your application is still pending finalization at the Enrollment Center where you interviewed.

If you are unable to get your application finalized by contacting the Enrollment Center, please respond to this email with your full name and PASSID number and we will submit a ticket on your behalf to resolve the issue. Processing times are currently 1-2 weeks.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 6:58 pm

So I got a surprisingly fast response and it sees to confirm my fear that the agent who did my interview screwed something up unless someone in the office is supposed to do something after the interview and hasn't bothered to.
There are numerous reports in the Global Entry - processing timelines of first time applications [US citizens & LPR's] thread of the interviewer neglecting to click on the final approve button. In just about all of those cases, a call to the enrollment center in question quickly resolved the problem.
luv2vacay likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 8:59 am

What number did you call? I called the CBP help line at 800-237-5511 and when I selected the TTP/GE option, it told me to submit it online. I listened further and selected and option and it still did not give me an option to talk to someone. Tried calling the JFK processing center and got a recording. Called the Buffalo center (next on the list) and got put on hold and eventually got tired of waiting.

I submitted an email request but they said it can take 10-15 days for a response.
So the email I got from CBP had a link to the "Upon Arrival" contact info. But it takes you to a website without contact info.
I instead went to the "main" site

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...enters/georgia

and there's the ATL airport location with the phone #.

Keep in mind, we went to our Upon Arrival interview in ATL
If you went elsewhere, you'll need to find that location.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA LifePlat, Marriott PLAT Prem,UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5 Star
Originally Posted by garyfritz
That's what I'm wondering too. I'll be flying out of T1 YYZ in a few weeks. I'll get into the airport on a Wednesday morning and I should have a few hours. So I just get into the normal immigration line, go to booth 18 or 20, tell them I want EoA, and hope for the best?

This is such a pain. I could enroll at DEN (80 min trip for me) but they're scheduling out to October already. Due to my business requirements it's nearly impossible for me to commit to a random date in October. Plus my TSA Precheck expires in September so I'd like to get this taken care of sooner.
Heads up. DEN is not taking ANY interview appointments at this time. Only way to get approved is EOA at DEN or another airport. I'm taking my son up to Calgary for a quick turn around to get EOA at YYC. Has anyone obtained EOA at YYC. I called and they confirmed they do EOA, 7 days a week.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884
There are numerous reports in the Global Entry - processing timelines of first time applications [US citizens & LPR's] thread of the interviewer neglecting to click on the final approve button. In just about all of those cases, a call to the enrollment center in question quickly resolved the problem.
So the email I got from CBP had a link to the "Upon Arrival" contact info. But it takes you to a website without contact info.
I instead went to the "main" site

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...enters/georgia

and there's the ATL airport location with the phone #.

Keep in mind, we went to our Upon Arrival interview in ATL
If you went elsewhere, you'll need to find that location.
Well I don't see a phone number for the JFK T1 CBP office since it is not a normal interview location but I guess I'll try making some calls tomorrow. I found the main CBP office at JFK, maybe they can help. When I called the enrollment office at T4 number yesterday, no one picked up.

Update: the T4 office still isn't picking up their phone and their voicemail is full. Called the main CBP office at JFK and they didn't have a number for the T1 office. Just resubmitted the email request and hopefully they can get it fixed.

BTW from that other thread, the secret to getting a real person on the phone at the 877 number is:

I called 877 227 5511 (using prompts 6/1/4/0)

Last edited by MisterBill; Jul 10, 2019 at 1:46 pm
Old Jul 10, 2019, 9:03 pm

Programs: CBP
Shoot me your Pass ID, I'll take care of it ASAP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.