Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Old Mar 11, 2019, 4:07 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Has anyone done EOA at PHL? I have a reasonably tight connection and the lines there can be huge.......How does it work? Can I use the GE terminal as normal and then head somewhere for my interview? Or do I need to line up with all the other standard arrival passengers and ask for the interview when I am called to a booth?
Old Mar 11, 2019, 9:00 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer
Has anyone done EOA at PHL? I have a reasonably tight connection and the lines there can be huge.......How does it work? Can I use the GE terminal as normal and then head somewhere for my interview? Or do I need to line up with all the other standard arrival passengers and ask for the interview when I am called to a booth?
If PHL is like other airports, there should be a dedicated booth for EOA interviews.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by TWA884
If PHL is like other airports, there should be a dedicated booth for EOA interviews.
Thanks - given I am renewing, should I use the GE terminal first to enter the US and then seek out the booth? Advice here is mixed on that.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 2:17 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer
Thanks - given I am renewing, should I use the GE terminal first to enter the US and then seek out the booth? Advice here is mixed on that.
Some places, as at LAX which is my home airport, there are CBP employees directing arriving international passengers to the correct lines. If there are such people at PHL, I'd ask.

I'm trying to remember the setup at PHL (I arrived internationally there only once). I think that there are CBP officers stationed right where you exit the GE kiosk area. If there is no wait or a short wait to use the GE kiosks, I'd use the kiosk and then ask the officer for advice on how to proceed with the EOA.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 10:10 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Accor Gold, Amex Plat, Hertz 5 Star, Global Entry
Hi everyone,

I have received my conditional approval and will be doing Enrollment on Arrival when landing into MCO next month. My wife does not have GE (we did not do her application due to shutdown) - does she have to go through APC on her own - in fact she will be arriving with ESTA but on new passport, so is she even eligble for APC?

Basically - will I be waiting for her for hours??
Old Mar 14, 2019, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by balowlyblue
Hi everyone,

I have received my conditional approval and will be doing Enrollment on Arrival when landing into MCO next month. My wife does not have GE (we did not do her application due to shutdown) - does she have to go through APC on her own - in fact she will be arriving with ESTA but on new passport, so is she even eligble for APC?

This question is really off-topic for this thread.

Please check the following threads:
Automated Passport Control (APC) machines with a new ESTA

(I realize that this is the reverse of your situation, however, there is a link there linking to a post discussing a situation similar to hers, new passport with existing ESTA.

Last edited by TWA884; Mar 14, 2019 at 10:35 am
Old Mar 14, 2019, 1:10 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by balowlyblue
Hi everyone,

If you want to try your luck, you may wish to apply for your wife now. If she is lucky, she may receive her conditional approval within two weeks. Shen can then do her Enrollment on Arrival with you at MCO next month.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 11:31 am

Has anyone done the enrollment on arrival at YYZ? My wife and one-year-old son are coming through YYZ in about a week. They will be flying AC so T1.

Based on my trip last week, Nexus/Global Entry enters from the back, while general entry enters from the front. It was a rather confusing setup, as I saw an US airline crew going back and forth, not knowing where to go and being send to opposite sides a couple of times.

Does anyone know which entry they should take?
Old Apr 3, 2019, 10:48 pm

ATL Enrollment on Arrival Lane

Originally Posted by navarre007
Data point, entered ATL on January 21st. GE Enrollment on Arrival was available.
Do you still remember which lane/booth you used for Enrollment on Arrival at ATL? or Did they have clear signs?
Old Apr 4, 2019, 1:56 am

Programs: AA-PLT, JL
Hmm.. Is EoA now available at EWR? If so, which lane/booth should i head to when i land terminal B?
Old Apr 4, 2019, 9:47 am

Programs: DL Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by navarre007
Data point, entered ATL on January 21st. GE Enrollment on Arrival was available.
Originally Posted by KR038
Do you still remember which lane/booth you used for Enrollment on Arrival at ATL? or Did they have clear signs?
Yes, looking for the answer to this. My wife and I will be traveling back into ATL with our conditionally approved 4 year old and 10 month old next month. My wife and I both have GE, so I'm wondering if we use the Kiosks and go that way, or if we will have to go a different direction when we arrive
Old Apr 12, 2019, 6:39 am

Programs: AA-PLT, JL
Landed terminal C on April 8, around 17:00 - dedicated lane with signage available but nobody stationed....
Old Apr 12, 2019, 12:42 pm

I will arrive at EWR in 2 days. Hope someone will show up so i can do enroll on arrival.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 5:41 am

Well, EoA is a total disappointment at EWR. Got here around 6 something in terminal C and used mobile passport (no one seems to use it) to go through custom. Officer processed my form and try to find someone to do global entry interview but no one around. Told me to go to terminal B office to interview. The guy over there said they dont accept walk in. Appointment only.

Oh well. Time to schedule an appointment.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 6:00 am

Programs: BA Gold
Does anyone have any experience of GE interview on arrival at LAX? We will be arriving on the BA283 which is scheduled to arrive at 13.05. Mr NW and I both have GE but we will be travelling with our 9 year olds who do not. Ultimately I am looking at what will be most painless (remembering a 100+ minute queue at immigration on our last visit) but there are obvious advantages to them having GE in the longer term. What I am unclear about is whether we have to clear immigration the slow way and then do the GE interview or whether that is all one process that will be faster than the 'normal' immigration process. Some of the posts on this thread suggest a separate line for GE IOA but it is unclear whether that is before or after clearing immigration.

What time should I book the interview for allowing for de-planing etc and the time it takes to travel through LAX? We are travelling in F. What happens if the flight is delayed and we miss our interview slot?

Any insight into the process would be much appreciated. I am regretting not taking the kids when the GE processing centre was operating in London. I am aware of current backlogs but we are not travelling until August.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.